e i g h t

sophies pov

"oh c'mon! it's my career! not yours. why cant i sing about my social anxiety??" i almost yell at my producer dan. "because you've already made like 4 songs about that. sing about something else. i'm NOT letting you sing about that shit again" dan protests, clearly annoyed. "you know what? fuck this i'm out" i say as i flung my headphones off and stormed out of the building.

so basically. i ended up signing the contract about 3 months ago and i've already released 4 songs. i'm doing pretty good in the music industry. currently have 929k on insta and 807k on youtube. my producer is an ass, he looked nice at first.

billie and i haven't really spoke that much. just a few small talks about music nd thats it.

i jump in my car and decide to dm billie.

billieeilish

5:39pm

hey bil, so. question. what did you mean that u wouldn't mind sharing a producer?

6:20pm

billieeilish
hey sorry i didn't reply sooner.
come over and i'll explain?

BILLIE ASKING ME TO GO TO HER HOUSE?? OKAY.

sure! drop the addy and i'll b there soon. i'm in la rn anyways :)

billieeilish
*address*
i'm trusting u wit dis tho.
can i?

ofc you can :)
be there in 10
read 6:29pm

i make my way to billies house.
all these thoughts rushing through my head
what if i look bad?
i'm only in a sweater and sweatpants
does my hair look okay?
does she still live with her family?
what if she doesn't like my attitude?
shit. stop fucking freaking out soph.

im such a baby damn.

i finally pull up to billies house, it's a lil bungalow in la suburbans, the front yard has a hammock on the porch and some cute lil fairy lights.

i nervously walk up to the front door and knock.
i wait atleast 10 seconds before being greeted with a middle aged woman with a lovely smile on her face.

"hello!" she greets. "hi, i'm here to see billie?" i say with a smile. "oh yeah! you're sophie right? sophie essence?" she questions shaking my hand. i nod and smile. "welcome! her room is to the left down that hall, it has a sign saying the office on it. i'm sure you'll find it" she smiles. i thank her and make my way to the bedroom. yep, pretty obvious it's hers.

i knock on the door.

"fuck uhm.. hold up" she yells. i hear sheets moving about and her rushing about. finally she opens the door and a smile creeps up on her. "sophie! hey!" she says with a smile giving me a huge hug. "come sit" billie instructs patting a spot on the bed next to her.

"so, my producer. he's an ass" i start. she gives me a "how" look and signals for me to continue. "well basically. all my songs that i've released so far are about my mental health, mainly my social anxiety. today i was in the studio with dan writing a song. i wanted to write about my mental health today but he said "i'm NOT letting you sing about that shit again" he's honestly so irritating" i rant. billie let's out a little laugh at my ramble.

"well, i have a brother, finneas. he's my producer and he lets me sing about whatever i want. of course if it's way to explicit or something he'll tell me to tone it down or sum shit but he's the chilliest guy ever, i could ask andrew to switch up your producer to fin? i'm sure he'll be fine wit it" billie suggests.
i sit for a couple seconds and think before replying.
"sure. i'd love that, is there a chance i could meet him at all?" i ask.
"of course. come" billie says grabbing my hand a dragging me to the room right across from hers. she knocks in a little tube before a tall ginger man opened the door.

"oh my god" he says covering his mouth. "SOPHIE ESSENCE???" he yells, i smile and nod my head giving him a hug. damn he's a fan.
"oh my i love your music so much!" he explodes.

i didn't know people ACTUALLY like me, what is there to like?

"thank you so much" i smile. "okay anyways. fin i have a question for you that's also gonna have to be talked about with andrew" billie starts sitting down on finneas' bed with me following behind. "go on" he says.

"well basically. would you like to be sophies producer?" she asks. finneas' face lights up and he immediately starts repeating yés making billie and i laugh, him joining in later.
"this is amazing! i'm gonna make you the biggest star in the world sophie!" finneas says with a huge smile. we all laugh once again.
"okay but we still gotta make sure this is okay with andrew. we'll speak to him in the morning" billie explains.

we sit and talk for a few more hours about pointless shit.
we are all actually getting along really well. i can see this friendship getting somewhere in the future.
"oh fuck- uhm i should go home it's 4am" i slur out from being so tired. damn i got there at 7pm where did the time go.
"just stay. its 4am you seem to tired to drive home anyways" billie smiles, i give in after her basically begging me to stay over. "okay goodnight finneas!" billie and i both say before heading to her room.

"i'll sleep on the couch" i yawn grabbing some pillows. "no you aren't. just sleep here with me it's okay" she says. we both lay down under billies black silky sheets and listen to 'cigarettes after sex'

"i see this friendship going somewhere" i quietly say. "me too sophie" billie smiles. she gives me a little kiss on the tip of my nose
"goodnight sophie"

"goodnight billie"

and with that we both drift off to sleep

a/n
sum came in the mail today.

deez nutz😍😍😩😩😩

HA got emmm