Chapter Five

I was still sprinting through the dark, trying to make a difference although failing miserably when I heard a bang and a spine chilling scream that would haunt me until I died. The car had reached Tyler a second before I had. 

I collapsed, as Tyler was flung over to the gutter, his body lying over the side of the road. 

"TYLER!" I screamed not caring about anything else, why would I care about anything else? I crawled to where he was, tears racking my body, and with shaky hands I lifted his head onto my lap. If it was even possible, my heart broke even further when I saw him crying too. He was bleeding from his head, his eyebrows creased in obvious pain. 

"T-troye, it h-hurts, make it st-top." He sobbed out, his tears mixing with the blood on his face 

"I know baby, shh I'm going to call an ambulance" I whispered, crying harder at his words, my heart physically hurting. 

With trembling hands I took out my phone and dialled 999. I waited for them to pick up, muttering mixes of shit, fuck, Tilly and why. 

"H-hello? Oh hi, my boyfriend j-just got hit by a car, I need an amb-bulance, please come quickly" I sobbed into the phone, my voice frail and small.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, and placed my hands on the side of his face as I had done many times before. My mind was racing, unable to put together a single coherent thought.  

"Ti-ily? the ambulance is coming, you'll be okay, y-you'll be fine." I was trying hard to keep my voice steady but it cracked halfway through the sentence. 

Tyler's eyes were closed, and for once I didn't love how he looked, not a single bit. I hated the tears on his face. I hated the blood. 

 "Okay," He whispered, wincing as if talking hurt him. "I love you Troye Sivan." 

I had a horrible thought at that moment, a thought that I regret thinking; what if that was the last time he says he loves me? More tears streamed out of my eyes, no, no it's not the last time. I whimpered at his words, and although my throat was dry from crying I didn't stop. 

For some reason my song lyrics 'I don't wanna say goodbye, someone tell me why..' popped into my head. When I wrote The Fault In Our Stars I had no experience with death, only being inspired by the movie. The lyrics from my song now hurt me, the song completely applying to me. 

"I love you too Tilly Oakley." I ran my fingers through his hair as I cried. 

I looked up; I couldn't look at Tyler in this state any longer. The car that ran into Tyler had swerved and flipped over on the opposite side of the road. How did this all happen?  

My phone buzzed in my pocket, I wiped the tears on my cheeks off, still stroking Tyler's hair and picked it up.

 To: Troye-boy

Hii, you and Ty are taking quite a while, are you guys okay? We want to drop Nala off at Alfie's parents house at 7 so be back soon x

From: Zo ♥︎ 

Wait, Nala? Where is she? I looked around frantically, oh god they are going to kill me. Why do I mess everything up? I choked out a sob and buried my face in my hand. My tears didn't stop, they kept falling and I made no effort to stop them. 

I picked up my phone again and dialled Zoe's number. I held Tyler tight to me, his eyes had closed but he was still breathing. 

"Hey, you okay?" Zoe's concerned voice rang through the phone.

"Zoe, Zo please come to the beach, we need you, something really bad has happened, please, please come now." I was sure she couldn't understand me as my desperate words were swallowed by my sobs. 

"Okay I'm coming with Alfie now, don't worry." She hung up, the only sounds being my cries and Tyler's breathing. I looked down at his face, my throat drying and nervous butterflies flying around.

 I reached for his hand and held it, I was so scared, for him and for me. Blood seeped out of his shirt, the dark red colour contrasting against his pale skin. I could now faintly hear the sound of an ambulance in the distance. Tyler will be okay, I repeated in my head like a mantra, until it lost its meaning. 

"Tilly, the ambulance is coming. Zoe and Alfie will be here soon too, you'll be okay." I whispered to him, looking down at his unconscious figure. 

A blue Mini Cooper suddenly pulled up next to us, two people rushing out of the car. 

"Tyler, Troye what's happened?" Alfie held Zoe's hand as she covered her mouth in shock, tears brimming in her eyes.

"A c-car hit him." I whimpered, my eyes bloodshot from crying as my eyes darted over them before returning to Tyler.  

I shut my eyes, tears squeezing out of my eyelids, why did this have to happen? It's all my fault, everything's my fault. Zoe crouched down next to me and wrapped a slender arm around my shaking frame. I imagined Tyler's arms around me and squeezed my eyes shut even harder, my tears running like a stream. 

"It'll be okay Troye, I know it's hard." She whispered in my ear as she cried along with me.                        

----------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm sorry this is short af :( but to the few people who are reading this; can you please try to spread this fic around so we get more views etc? IM SO DESPERATE FOR FAME hahah no but srsly I will love you forever if you share what I've currently written with other humans :* IVE GOT MORE DRAMA COMING SO STAY TUNED LOVES

Comment, follow, share ;)

- Jade x