Chapter Two

A/N: Prepare for an eensy bit of drama 

Troye POV

My happiness levels were through the roof. I was surrounded with people I loved after an amazing day and Tyler was with me. Zalfie, Tyler and I were sat on the couch watching movies and eating pizza. 

 You know those moments where you want to freeze time, and stay in the present for forever? This was one of them. I wish I could stay like this, away from work and worries, spending time with my loved ones.

We were watching Frozen, again, obnoxiously half singing, half yelling out all the lines to all the songs when I noticed towards the end Tyler's eyelids had started to droop. I was lying on the sofa on my side, while his head was resting against my collarbone. I played with his hair absentmindedly, my chest puffing up in pride slightly as I took notice of how he smiled in his sleep, reacting to my touch even in his unconscious state.

When the credits started rolling, I shook Tyler awake gently, attempting to explain to Zoe and Alfie that we were going to sleep while I yawned. After minute and Tyler still hadn't moved, I sat up slowly, not wanting to wake the sleeping man on me. Making an effort to not step on Tyler, I crawled around the sofa, awkwardly shimmying off it and onto the ground.

 I moved so I was sat crossed legged on the carpet, while facing Tyler. I lifted my hand to his face and traced my fingers up his jaw. My touch was feather light, although he shifted a bit as I dragged my fingers higher to his cheekbones. Tyler made a whine and turned to face upwards to shrug my hand off. I placed a hand on his hairline, determined to wake him up, and stroked his hair, my fingers brushing his forehead as I did. 

"Come on, wake up Ty," I whispered, as I leant forwards and kissed his forehead. "Let's go to bed." His eyelids fluttered as he stretched his arms out, my hand reaching for his and rubbing circles into his palm. Tyler blinked and turned to face me with an adorable smile painted on his face.

"Hi." He whispered, his eyes twinkling but I could tell something was off. Tyler's eyes weren't smiling, like they usually were when he was happy. Is he okay? I scrunched my face a bit, trying to find what was wrong as I scanned his face. At this moment, something behind Tyler's eyes flickered he quickly looked away, avoiding my gaze. He sat up and took my hand, still not looking at me. 

"Well, come on then." He stood, and then pulled me to my feet. Why wasn't he looking me in the eye? My stomach knotted with dread, my mind coming up with a million reasons why he was acting like this, more bad scenarios than good. We walked up the stairs to the guest bedroom together, my mind still reeling. The tension was thick in the air, he knew that I could tell something was wrong. 

I turned to look at his face again, trying to read his emotions. He still had a blank expression on his face, but he also looked a bit...sad? 

 What the hell was going on? I hope we're okay; I couldn't bear to lose Tyler. He let go of my hand to open the door to the bedroom, leaving me frowning from the loss of his contact and from how he was acting. 

He seemed wide-awake now, and so was I, my mind still a mess. Tyler got into the bed and quickly shuffled over to the other side. I copied his movements only not snuggling into him as I usually would. Did he want me to? I didn't dare because of how reclusive he was being.

I leant over the side to side of the bed and turned the light off, before wrapping myself in the warm blanket. 

"Night Ty." I whispered into the darkness, anxiously waiting for his reply. I bit my lip, the silence becoming uncomfortable and deafening. I had started to think he had fallen asleep when he finally replied, his voice slightly shaky.