07

𝓫𝓪𝓰𝓼 // 𝓬𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓸

𝓫𝓪𝓰𝓼 // 𝓬𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓸

You should've received the letter before tonight. 

Maybe you read it. Or maybe not.

It was honestly driving Akaashi crazy. He knew tonight was the night he was going to finally be able to speak actual words to you, rather than words on paper.

"So, we're crashing at Kuroo's, I don't feel like taking the train back that late," Bokuto stated on the train ride.

Akaashi responded with a small hum. His stare was focused out the window at the passing skyline. The sun was setting, and they were still at least a few minutes away from their stop.

"And then maybe if you're okay with it, I'll hook up with Y/n."

"Hm? Y/n?" Akaashi perked up at the mention of your name, finally looking over at Bokuto.

"I knew it! You weren't listening this entire time," Bokuto exclaimed. 

"Sorry," Akaashi found himself staring out the train's window again. 

"Don't stress about meeting her. This is what you've been waiting for, hasn't it?"

Akaashi just wanted everything to be perfect. He wanted to live up to your expectations of him. Overthinking the situation was just going to make things worse.

Bokuto was right. Tonight was the night he had been waiting for.

- ♡ -

When they walked through the door, the party was already in full swing. Akaashi scanned the room for Y/n, but you were no where to be found. 

Kuroo found his way between Akaashi and Bokuto, swinging his arms over their shoulders. 

"She's in here somewhere," He whispered in Akaashi's ear, "Probably with Kenma."

For some reason, the tone of how Kuroo said "with Kenma" felt off. He couldn't tell if there was some underlying meaning, or the alcohol talking.

"Akaashi."

The voice made Akaashi tense up. Hayami stood a few feet away with Konoha's arm around her shoulders. He wasn't entirely surprised she would go for someone else on the volleyball team.

"Konoha told me you received a love letter. Is that why you broke up with me?"

Akaashi shot a confused look at Konoha who was already looking at Bokuto, who was staring up at the ceiling acting as though he had no idea what was going on.

"That's none of your business."

He tried his best not to fully acknowledge Hayami. If she found out who Y/n was exactly, she would most likely catch you off guard and confront you.

Right then, he recognized a familiar blonde sneaking through the crowd of people. 

"Kenma!" Akaashi said a little excitingly, pushing past Hayami and Konoha. He was surprised to not see anyone else with him, but if Kuroo was right, then he would know where Y/n was.

"Uh, hey," He responded unamusingly.

"Kuroo said you might be with Y/n, but I don't see her," Akaashi said nervously, looking towards the back of the house to see if any girl would be coming his way, "You wouldn't happen to know where she is, would you?"

The was a short pause, before Kenma scratched his head, looking around the party.

"No, sorry, I'd try upstairs maybe?" His eyes seemed to avoid Akaashi's. 

Akaashi gave a small smile, "Thanks."

He headed up stairs down the small hallway, only seeing a few couples and stragglers who didn't want to be mixed in with the crowd downstairs. But no sign of Y/n.

Something didn't sit right with Akaashi. He hurried down the stairs and made this way through the party, eyes flickering around the crowd at any girl that remotely resembled you. Kenma also seemed to have disappeared from where Akaashi last left him.

When he finally set foot into the backyard, it seemed empty, with the exception of two people. 

One irritating blonde, and you.