10

𝓲𝓷 𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓶 // 𝓷𝓮𝓬𝓴 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹

"I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Akaashi."

There he was, right in front of you. Messy black hair, piercing teal blue eyes. Incredibly attractive. His gaze was fixated on you, and while you couldn't help but stare back, you felt like it was getting harder to breathe. 

If the circumstances were different, you probably would've been thrilled Akaashi was only looking at you in that moment.

The only thing you wanted in that moment was for Akaashi to come over to you and take you away from the party, leaving just the two of you to be together. Every part of you wanted him, but your body felt frozen. 

He's not choosing you, the thought flickered across your mind.

You snapped out of your fantasy and broke eye contact with Akaashi, turning to Kenma.

"I think I have to get out of here for a bit. Can I have it?" 

It was a long shot, hoping Kenma brought it with him. Kenma nodded, pulling the envelope out of his pocket. 

You looked back up towards Akaashi as he pulled Hayami into the closet. Your chest tightened, and removed yourself before anyone else noticed of you.

As you stepped outside through the entryway, you tossed your head back, trying to stop yourself from crying anymore.

You felt stupid to play up Akaashi in your mind, to think tonight was going to play out like you hoped, straight out of a movie - love-at-first-sight type of bullshit. 

You headed down the pebbled walkway. The last place you wanted to go right now was home. You head down the street towards the playground.

You found your place on the swing, and swayed back and forth on your heels. You rubbed the edges of the envelop with the pad of your thumb. Why didn't you just open it before?

You carefully tore open the flap, pulling out the letter from Akaashi.

Hi Y/n,

I've missed you.

I thought you forgot about us and our letters. I'm happy you wrote back. It doesn't matter how long it took. Better late, than never.

I shouldn't have waited for you to write back. I should have written you again to let you know I was still here. Even though I tried to forget about you, to make it easier for myself, I never could.

I would still very much like to meet you. Even if I'm still nervous to do just that. 

I've been looking forward to it for a couples of years now.

I want you to stay in my life a little longer this time.

Yours,

Akaashi

Tears pricked the corners of your eyes. The words on the page became blurry the longer you stared.

He missed you. He wanted to meet you. He wanted you. Then why didn't he act like it?

The Akaashi in the letter, wasn't the same one back at the party. They seemed completely different from each other. This one was sweet, caring, thoughtful. The Akaashi you saw was cold, and didn't seem to care that you were finally right in front of him.

But you brought this on yourself. If you had read the letter beforehand, you would've had a sense of relief knowing he wanted to see you too. You would've been more inclined to look for him, instead of nervously hiding in a corner.

You almost wished the letter said he didn't want to see you, at least it would've justified everything that happened. It might not have hurt less, but you would be a little less confused.

You could feel your heartrate increase uncontrollably. You weren't sure why you were suddenly feeling this way. There was an overwhelming mix of emotion you felt from the letter, the party, and Akaashi. Nothing seemed to make sense.

Even if he said sorry, you don't know if you could forgive him right now.

As your mind succumbed to your own thoughts, you were unaware of someone approaching you.

"Y/n?"