Chapter 1: Plan went awry

The Moon
April 1
03:12:25

I run as fast as my legs can carry me. Why? Well forgive me if the Hive are terrifying murder goblins that want to rip me to shreds. I hear a blood curdling scream behind me. I look back and see a giant pack of Thrall on my ass.

Given that I wasn't expecting to see a swarm of giant bipedal worms chasing me down like living seeker missiles, you can understand why I let out the most girly scream to ever come out of a male mouth.

Unfortunately, my fireteam was listening through the comms.

"What did I just hear?" My sister/fireteam leader Yoshimi asks.

"Hey, if you had a swarm of murder worms on your ass, you'd scream like a little bitch too!" I shout as I keep running.

One of the Thrall lunges at me and nearly catches my coat.

"What?! We had a plan! What happened?!" Asks my girlfriend Kurisu.

"Plan went awry!" I reply.

"Right. We'll be there soon! Just sit tight!" Kurisu says.

"Not possible!" I reply.

I run towards the door. Finally I found an exit out of this fortress! I toss a grenade at the door, blowing it open. I bolt out of the fortress, and the legions of Hive chasing me also poured out of the creepy underground cavern.

"If you're going to do something, please do it now!" I exclaim.

"Calm your tits, I'm coming." Yoshimi says calmly.

I then see my sister's ship diving down towards me. She fires her missiles, which scream through the air until it makes contact with the moon's surface, whereupon it detonates, turning the legion of Thrall into dust. I finally stop to take a breath.

"Ha! Hahaha! Eat explosion, worms!" I mock.

Then, as if on some kind of cue, Acolytes and Knights charge out of the fortress.

"Oh for Traveler's sake!" I groan.

I take out my Pulse Rifle and gun down three Acolytes. A sword Knight charges at me, but I cut it down with my own sword. I narrowly dodge more Acolyte fire, then I dive for cover.

I toss a Nova grenade, which kills 3 Acolytes and injures 3 more. I take out my pistol and finish off the three injured Acolytes. Conveniently, I ran out of ammo for my pistol as I killed the last one.

I re-equipped my pulse rifle and charged at the remaining Acolytes. I shot two, dodged getting hit by a third, then turned around and killed it. A lone Thrall attempts to attack me from above, but I just aim my gun at the sky and killed it. Without even looking, too, so it looked badass.

"Right. Well, that was a thing that happened." I said.

"Please tell me you at least got what we came for?" My girlfriend asks.

Wait, we came here to get a thing? I had just assumed Eris wanted us to thin the Hive numbers within the fortress. I didn't know she actually wanted us to get something!

"Uhh..."

"Blue... you have it, right?" Kurisu inquires testily.

"W-well, you see, the thing is-" I begin.

"YOU-... babe, I love you, but for Traveler's sake!" Kurisu exclaims.

"In my defense, I was a little busy getting chased by terrifying murder worms. Besides, doesn't Eris have enough evil rocks? I feel like her collection is big enough that another one is a little excessive." I reply.