Chapter 5: Hello, little Light

The next morning...
Kuoh, Japan
April 14
07:46:12
Blue POV

I woke up a bit earlier than normal this morning. I just decided to go on a small walk. Well, woke up isn't really accurate. I hadn't slept all night. How could I? I'm in alternate reality, I have a duty to protect humanity in my reality, I just found out that I inadvertently wrapped myself up in a three way war, Rias makes me an offer to join her little club when I'm not sure if I can, and to top it all off, a strange woman somehow knows exactly who I am, and I'm pretty sure I've never met her before... well, I say that, but something about her was somewhat... familiar.

All in all, I've had a busy week. Traveler, this just like when I was resurrected. First I knew nothing and it pissed me off, now I get a whole bunch of exposition dumped on me and my head hurts. At this point, Crota could somehow rise from the grave and attack this world and I wouldn't be surprised.

"AAAHHH!!!"

What the hell was that?!

I quickly run to the source of the scream. It came from an alleyway just up ahead. When I turn the corner, I see three men mugging... a small... girl...

What in the hell happened to decency?

"Hey, jackasses!" I call.

The three and the girl, who I think might be nun, turns to look at me.

"Beat it kid! We're having some fun." One of them growls.

"Oh, mugging a defenseless little girl? Yeah, real tough guys here." I say.

"Lookie here! We got ourselves a hero, boys." The second guy snickers.

"And they come complete with corny as shit lines." I quip.

"That's it!" The third guy says.

He then proceeds to rush me with a dingy little knife. He attempts to stab me, but I block it. Then, and I admit I didn't see this coming, he quickly drops the knife, grabs it with his other hand, and stabs me. Apparently someone's seen Game of Thrones.

"Gah! You son of a bitch!" I exclaim.

I then headbutt the guy, which I immediately regret. Apparently Paul Blart was right: nobody wins in a headbutt.

Anyway, after headbutting him, I grab his head and slam it into a dumpster. His friends rush me, but I punch one in the throat, which was enough to take him down. And the second didn't even reach me, as he was apparently a klutz, given that he tripped on a cinderblock and knocked himself out.

I take a minute to breath, then immediately wince as I'm suddenly reminded that I got stabbed.

"U-um... t-thank you, sir."

I turn and see the girl looking at me.

"Yeah, don't mention it. You just try and stay out of more trouble, okay?" I say.