Chapter 4: Finally, some answers!

The next morning...
Kuoh, Japan
April 13
08:06:27
Blue POV

I wake up in my apartment again. At least this time it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that myself and my clothing are, once again, undamaged, despite having been cut and stabbed multiple times.

How the hell is that happening?

Whatever. I have a feeling that maybe I'll finally be given some answers. I'm a Warlock, so I don't like not knowing things.

I get up, make some breakfast, eat that breakfast, then head to school. When I get to Kuoh, I notice that everyone seems to be crowding around something. I walk up to the crowd to see what's going on.

"Hey, what's happening?" I ask a random girl.

"Look!" She replies, a hint of worry in her voice.

I look at what it is that everyone is staring at.

It was Rias walking to school with Issei...

"Um... what exactly am I looking at?" I ask.

"They arrived together!" A boy said with tears in his eyes.

"And?" I ask.

"How could she associate herself with that vulgar brute?!" Another girl said.

"Blue, you're one of the hottest guys here! How can you be okay with this?!" Asks another girl.

"Probably because I already have a girlfriend." I said, smiling at the thought of Kurisu.

"What?!" Exclaimed a bunch of girls who overheard me dejectedly.

"Sorry." I said with a sheepish grin.

Well, this just awkward. I then left the area before things got even more so.

As I walk through the halls of the school, all I can hear about are the whispers and rumors going around regarding Gremory's association with Issei. I honestly don't get why it's that big a deal. It's her choice who she wishes to befriend. Now, I will admit, associating with a known pervert is a bit odd, but that's just me-

*THUD*

Ow.

"My apologies!" I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" The girl apologized.

"It's fine. I'm just as guilty." I chuckle.

We both get up and look at each other, revealing the girl to be...

Gremory? Given that we're both aware of each other's power, this can't be a coincidence. Or maybe it is, and I'm just reading too much into it. Though, given the events that have happened these past few days, the possibility that this is a coincidence is very unlikely.

She suddenly looks surprised to see me.

"Oh, you're Blue, right?" She asks.

"Y-yeah, I am." I reply, a bit thrown off by what I think is an act.

She then hands me a small package.

"I believe this belongs to you. It got delivered to me by mistake." She says.

"Uh, thank you." I say, taking the package.

"Well, see you around." She says with a smile.

She then quickly runs off.

I take a look at the package in my hands. Given that Gremory is the one that gave it to me, it's safe to assume that it has something to do with everything that's been going on these past few days. Luckily, there's a bathroom right next to me. I walk in, and it looks to be empty, but I enter a stall just in case. After entering a stall and closing it, I open the package to find... my pistol? Huh... I guess I'll have to thank Rias for that later... wait, I already did... well then, I guess that saves me the trouble of getting Issei to give it back.