00. PROLOGUE

WALKING IN THE WIND.

(  00 — PROLOGUE

( 00 — PROLOGUE. )

THE FIGHT for humanity was over. It was new age. A time of change, healing and the restoration of humanity. So much had changed over the five years half the universe had missed, it was hard for them to adjust back into the world.

"Wanna go grab a drink?" queried Calliope, wrapping her arm around her waist, closing the coat. The funeral ended with most of the attendees scattered outside Tony's cabin but those closest to him were inside, with some video he left behind. She had never been close with Tony, when he was alive, they were a pain in each other's asses. Especially when Calliope had chosen to fight for Steve's cause instead. They had only met a little before that, after the collapse of S.H.I.E.L.D., it was the only thing protecting her from the scrutiny of the world — from all her crimes. Tony had taken her in for a short time after that.

"Steve wants us to stay with him while he puts the stones back, I'll take you up on the offer later though." replied Sam, his hands resting in his front pants pocket.

Calliope slowly nodded her head along with Sam while he talked, turning to Bucky when he finished, "And I assume you're staying as well?"

Bucky nodded, "Where will you be going after all this? Any plans?"

"Nope," she popped. "I guess I'll be going wherever the wind takes me." she nonchalantly shrugged. "What about you two? Anything exciting planned you wanna share with the class?"

"No. None at all." Bucky replied, pursing his lips and slowly let out an aha moment. "Actually, court mandated therapy by the government. That should be fun."

"Oh. Yeah, no, that doesn't sound fun." Calliope stretched the corners of her mouth out and shook her head in disapproval. "It's been fun knowing you two but this is where we part ways, who knows when we'll see each other again."

Sam cracked, "Maybe next time the world is ending."

She pointedly stared at Sam, "Don't jinx it, Samuel."

"Okay," he smiled, pressing his lips together. "See you around, Callie."

"See ya, Sammy. Buck." she gave them both a small serious nod, starting to back away but then her back hit something hard, knowing exactly who it was. "Hey, Cap." she sheepishly squealed, slowly turning around to face the man behind her.

"Callie. Where you heading off to?" he asked, his saddening expression matching everyone else's, Calliope kept her face neutral but inside she was grieving the man that had taken her in and kept her safe in an unwelcoming world.

Tilting her head to the side, "Home?" she unsurely answered.

"You're welcome to come join us — if you want that is." Calliope slowly nodded, not answering his question giving him an answer he needed. "Don't be a stranger, Callie."