01. A MAN WITHOUT HIS SHIELD

WALKING IN THE WIND.

(  01 — A MAN WITHOUT HIS SHIELD

( 01 — A MAN WITHOUT HIS SHIELD. )

"SAM WILSON!" Calliope shouted throughout the warehouse, catching the attention of all personnel. "Or would you prefer Captain America?" she rhetorically asked. "Oh, wait. I can't cause you gave the shield away." she sauntered towards them; she had underestimated the walk, but she continued on in a cool manner.

"Nice to see you again, Callie." Sam greeted with a sarcastic smile on his face, opening his arms out to her.

"You shouldn't have given that shield away, Samuel." she sighed, finally reaching them and slapping his arms away.

"Samuel? Ouch. . . Yea, well, there's a lot of that going around — get in line." he gestured towards a brooding Bucky, his eyebrows creating a permanent home next to each other.

"Did you know about this?" she pointed to Sam, directing her question to Bucky.

Bucky's eyebrows separated as he raised them, "If I knew I wouldn't have let him give it away." he answered, excluding Sam from their conversation.

"Okay, I have a mission so, great reunion and I hope I'll see you guys under better circumstances." he pointed, starting to walk away from the two but they trailed behind him.

"I'm coming with you."

"If Bucky's coming, so am I."

"No, you're not." Sam turned to her as they kept walking, "What are you doing here anyways? Last I heard, you were still on the run."

"Got bored of hiding, and besides can't catch what you can't see." she shrugged, stuffing her hands into her pocket, mimicking Bucky's actions.

The three walked to the hangar, towards the plane that was waiting for them. In it was one of Sam's military friend, Torres. All three of them sat in silence, Sam and Bucky not breaking eye contact as they death stared each other. Calliope sat on top of the tarp covering all the crates. "One minute till drop off, Sam." Torres walked past them all to the emergency exit.

"So, what's our plan?" Bucky questioned, no answers as Calliope turned to Sam wondering the same thing. "Great, so no plan!" he exclaimed, not too surprise with the fact.

"Thirty seconds!" Torres counted down.

Sam got up, preparing himself to jump, "Enjoy your ride, Buck."

"No, you can't call me that." Bucky pointed.

Calliope hopped off the tarp, "Hey, let me know when you two stop arguing like an old married couple and are ready for this mission, okay?" she rhetorically asked, walking to the exit. "Where's the chute?" she quietly asked Torres as the two continued bickering behind her.