02. NEW WORLD ORDER

WALKING IN THE WIND.

(  02 — NEW WORLD ORDER

(  02 — NEW WORLD ORDER.  )

     WALKING DOWN the dark streets of Madripoor, Calliope's hand remained glued to her thigh, staying vigilant in the land of the lawless. Word had spread quickly that the Winter Soldier was back and coincidentally, Calliope was on the island. It seemed now that everyone on the island was on the lookout for the assassin and the two people he came with.

Hearing gunshots on the island wasn't abnormal but seeing as who was on the island, Calliope ran headfirst towards the source — gun in hand. Sharon Carter stood before the three, pointing a gun at Zemo. "Oh, I feel like I stepped on a moment."

Sam seemed perplexed, "What are you doing here?"

"I live here. What are you doing here? . . . Why is he here?" Pointing to Zemo, "Shouldn't you be in prison."

"It's a long story, we can catch up when we're safe — in case, you forgot there's a bounty on our heads!" Bucky shouted, rushing them to follow Sharon.

The group of them ended up at the Art Gallery, "Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam noted, walking through the entryway.

"At some point, I thought if I had to hustle, I might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler." Sharon motioned to the painting hung up, "You know how much I'll get for a real Monet?"

"Easy," Sam held his hands up to her, raising his eyebrows in amusement, "Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monet's."

Calliope walked up behind Sam, "Oh no, that's where you're wrong, my friend."

"No, she means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork." Zemo added walking ahead of the trio.

"It's true. You know, half the paintings in museums like the Louvre is fake. Real stuff sits in places like this."

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam," he chuckled pulling out his phone.

Calliope patted his shoulder, walking away towards the direction Sharon had left to, "You said it, not me."

"Yeah, what's google say?" Bucky asked, following behind Calliope.

Sam looked up to the art, "No shit."

Sharon ushered them to a closed room, "Come on. You guys need to change. I'm hosting clients in an hour."

"I don't see you for a day and now you're coming down here dressed. . . unexpectedly fashionable." Calliope tilted her head in surprise, pulling the corners of her mouth down and raising her eyebrows. "Love the outfit, Sam," she gestured to him, "I think I have the same shoes."

"Thanks," he monotonously returned, not amused, taking his clothes off and leaving his pants.

"Much better," observed Sharon, walking by and going behind her desk, grabbing her phone.