04. MISFORTUNATE SHIELDS

WALKING IN THE WIND.

(  04 — MISFORTUNATE SHIELDS

(  04 — MISFORTUNATE SHIELDS.  )

     LEAVING THE house, her somewhat delightful mood soiled as soon as John Walker made an appearance. "Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit."

"Fuck, why are you everywhere," she bleakly scoffed, annoyed with the situation they were caught in.

Bucky held out his arms, "Ah! How'd you find us now?"

The two in spangled uniform jogged down the stairs, "Come on, man. You really think two Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"No more keeping us in the dark," John ordered.

Calliope feigned confusion, "Excuse me, who are you again."

Ignoring her, he finished his previous sentence, "You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself, technically."

"You start getting used to people doing that," added Calliope, tilting her head in agreement.

John started, walking closer up to Bucky, "This better be an unbelievable explana. . ."

Calliope rolled her eyes, huffing in annoyance and exhaustion, "God, I'm surrounded by testosterone." Rotating on her heel, she take a few steps away from the conversation to walk behind the bickering men.

Sam pushed him away, "Hey, take it easy before it gets weird."

"Like it wasn't weird before," muttered Calliope.

Zemo informed, "I know where Karli is."

"Well, where?" he impatiently asked.

Calliope captivated, "We could tell you. . . at a price."

"What, no. All we know is, it's a memorial. So, we're gonna intercept her there."

"Ugh, come on, Sam," Calliope huffed strolling ahead.

"That means civilians. High risk of casualties," Lemar announced, walking with the group.

"All right, good, we'll move in fast. Take her by surprise."

"No, I wanna talk to her alone. I'm not losing her again. Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now." Sam tried to reason.

Walking in front of the group, John stopped them in their track, "What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay? I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it."

Lemar litigated, "Sam, you walk in there cold, she could kill you."

"I could really kill him," she muttered to herself directing her irritation to John, but Bucky let out a breath of amusement upon hearing it.