05. DEMONS OF OUR PAST

WALKING IN THE WIND.

(  05 — DEMONS OF OUR PAST

(  05 — DEMONS OF OUR PAST.  )

     CALLIOPE FROZE, speechless at the haunting scenery before her. For the first time in her life, she felt nauseous in front of a dead body. If she was honest, it wasn't the dead body.

"Callie!" Sam called, snapping her out of her trance. "Come on, we gotta go!" He ushered as he spread his wings and flew away.

The two without wings ran behind him to an abandoned freight depot John was hiding out at. "Walker!" Calliope busted in, anger rushing through her blood. Sam held his hand out and calmly shook his head.

"Walker," he steadily called as they strolled up to the maniac.

He walked past them, clearly in distress. "You guys should see a medic; you don't look so good."

"Stop. Walker," he tried again.

"What? You saw what happened, you know what I had to do. . . I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!" He pivoted on his feet to face them and angrily gesturing around.

"We all know that's not true." Calliope interjected.

"He didn't kill Lemar, John." Bucky added as John sighed, "Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well."

"I'm not like you."

"No, you're not. You're worse. Take a good look in the mirror John. Is this how you want to be remembered? As a killer?"

"I'm not like you!"

"Listen, it was the heat of the battle, okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt, John. . ." He paused, giving John some time to process before continuing, "You gotta give me the shield, man."

Lifting his head back up with a dead look in his eyes, "Oh. So that's what this is." A sickening grin spread across his face momentarily, "You almost got me," scoffed John.

Sam moderately shrugged, "You made a mistake."

"You don't want to do this."

"Yeah, we do."

Without another word a fight ensued. Using the shield, he threw it at Calliope before she even had the chance to join the fight. Knocking the wind out of her lungs she hunched over in pain. As soon as she recovered, Bucky was punched to the ground, the gun sliding over, and Calliope promptly grabbed it. "Drop it Walker." She pointed the gun at him, "This isn't how you want things to end." While she kept him distracted, Sam got back up and kicked the shield, expanding his wings he struck the man. Bringing the shield back up, hitting Sam he spun around blocking the attack from Bucky. Calliope took his legs out as he landed on the shield, on the ground he swiped her legs out and she landed harshly on her back, "This was a lot easier when they weren't super soldiers." She sighed, picking herself up. Bucky was repeatedly punching the shield and dodging the punches John was throwing at him, taking out the metal pole behind him. Calliope rushed in and brought her leg up, kicking John in the face and knocking him over ever so slightly. He tossed the shield at Bucky knocking him far back as Sam stood up. John thrust his fists at her and she blocked his repeated punches with her forearms as he flipped over kicking Sam in the face. As he spun around, his arm hit Calliope in the stomach and she flung back, her back brutally hitting the tractors.