Chapter 15

Three moons have passed. Whitetip gave birth to Spottedkit and Stripedkit, Stonefire's kits. Rouges kept circling their borders daily, and would always put up a fight. At the gathering, they found out they weren't the only ones to keep being attacked. SwampClan and IcyClan were being attacked too. "I've had it with these rouges!" Morningstar yowled. "We need a plan, for all three clans shall attack their camp!" She proposed.

"But we don't know where their camp is!" Willetstar mewed.

"I could help," Sparrow called out from below. "I was born in that group, I could lead you guys there."

"Perfect." Morningstar mewed. "You could tell us what we need to know about them."

"And I could spy!" Flamestorm's voice rose up. "The rouges have seen me exiled from ValleyClan, I'm sure they think I hate the clans." He added. "It will be my way of proving my loyalty."

"Thank you, Flamestorm." Duststar mewed. "Every half-moon, report to the Moon Hollow, to the medicine cats. So if any rouge follows you, they won't see you near the actual clans." Flamestorm nodded.

"We could send you out tonight. Good luck, and be careful." Morningstar dipped her head.

"Now, we need to prepare as much as we can for this battle." Duststar mewed. "We have to be able to fight like rouges. So by the next gathering, we will be ready!" Excited howls erupted from below.

The cats departed, heading towards their own clans. "So," Sparrow trotted next to Ashpaw. "I heard your assessment is coming up."

"Yeah, but Stonefire might move it even closer, so I can be a warrior for the battle," Ashpaw added.

"What would you want your warrior name to be?" The brown tom mewed.

"I don't really care much about the name," Ashpaw replied dryly. "I just want to be the best warrior I can be." Sparrow's eyes shined with admiration

******

Ashpaw was right when she guessed that Stonefire would asses her sooner. Berrypaw was also being assessed by Yellowflame. The two apprentices faced each other, preparing for their mock battle. 

"And, begin!" Yellowflame instructed. Berrypaw swiftly leaped at Ashpaw, but the black calico twirled out of the way. She then kicked up and raked her back paws up her brother's belly. Berrypaw stumbled back, then jumped over to her hind legs, and gently nipped at them.
The two apprentices mock-battled until the sun started to set. "Alright, you may stop now," Stonefire called out, and both apprentices froze in their tracks. "Ready to get your warrior names?"

The four cats trotted back to camp. Stonefire and Yellowflame reported to Morningstar, then the orange leader leaped up onto the Cliff Rock, and howled for the clan. "Two apprentices are ready to become warriors," She howled with pride. "Berrypaw, Ashpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do," The two apprentices mewed.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names. Berrypaw, from this moment you will be known as Berryspring, for your kindness and energy. Ashpaw, from this moment, you will be known as Ashspots, for your loyalty and stealth. We welcome you as full warriors of ValleyClan," 

"Berryspring! Ashspots!" The clan cheered, as the new warriors trotted out of camp to sit vigil. Morningstar leaped off the Cliff Rock.

"Yellowflame, Sparrow, come here." The leader beckoned the cats with her tail. "We must finish discussing our next move." The three cats were discussing plans earlier, but they had to pause, so Yellowflame could asses her apprentice. Yellowflame and Sparrow dipped inside the leader's den. "Sparrow, you mentioned defenders routinely patrol around the den. Are there any times when there won't be any out?" 

"Sunhigh is when the defenders rotate. Most of them should be inside or right outside the den," Sparrow replied. "And the hunters are only taught basic self-defense, so they shouldn't be an issue," He continued explaining the best places to attack, the gaps in the Clowder's defenses, and how to counter it. The moon was beginning to rise by the time they finished coordinating.