Chapter 1

"Brightkit, you shall be known as Brightpaw. Your mentor shall be Paleheart. Skykit, you shall be known as Skypaw. Your mentor will be Morningeyes." Violetstar announced.

"Brightpaw! Skypaw! Brightpaw! Skypaw!" The clan cheered.

"Well, we should explore the forest." Morningeyes insisted, flicking her tail towards the ferns that covered the exit of camp. The two apprentices, along with Paleheart, rushed over. Soon enough, they were in the forest.

"I can't believe we're apprentices, Skypaw!"Brightpaw purred.

"I know! I can't wait to hunt and fight and even collect moss! The nursery was getting too crowded, Brightpaw." Skypaw replied, energy surging through her voice.

"Anyways, here is the Twoleg camp. It's the home to-" Paleheart was interrupted by a tom and a she-cat climbing over the stone wall and approaching Brightpaw and Skypaw.

"Creamy? Silver?" The she-cat mewed a slight whimper of happiness in her voice.

"Mother? Father?" Brightpaw mewed back. The four cats curled up together, whimpering with joy. Morningeyes rolled her eyes in the distance.

"I'll let you guys have your little reunion, then come back to camp!" Morningeyes snapped, as she and her littermate padded back to camp. Three young kits, one silver, one brown, and one golden, leaped over the wall.

 "Mother, who are these cats?" The brown she-cat mewed.

"We're your siblings, Brightpaw and Skypaw." Skypaw purred.

"I'm Lucifer." The silver tom mewed.

"I'm Lucia." The brown she-cat spoke.

"And I'm Lucas." The yellow tom replied.

"These are your younger siblings." Spot smiled. "They're about two moons old." After a little while, Brightpaw, Skypaw, and their little siblings were playing. They pretended to be SoftClan after the apprentices taught their younger siblings about clan life.

"I, Skystar, make Brightfern Softclan's new deputy." Skypaw purred. "Lucifer, you shall be known as Silverfur. Lucia, you shall be known as Mudtail. Lucas, you shall be known as Yarrowpelt." The cream she-cat mewed. The three kits smiled at each other. 

Abruptly, Paleheart popped out into the yard. "Brightpaw, Skypaw, time to go. It's almost sundown." The tom hissed.

"Aww, alright. Bye, guys! We'll visit soon!" Skypaw meowed as the two apprentices dashed off. Back at camp, Morningeyes and Violetstar we're picking at a mouse.

"I'm so proud of you and Paleheart." The grey leader smiled. "Brightpaw and Skypaw will become amazing warriors,"

"I'm sure they will," Morningstar smirked.

"You know, I was thinking about naming you and your brother with similar warrior names, because of how close you two are." Violetstar mewed. "You see how inseparable Skypaw and Brightpaw are. Maybe I should do that with them." If they live long enough. Morningeyes thought to herself.