At His Side

I groaned myself awake, feeling slightly warmer than most days. I slowly opened my eyes, but shut them again.

"Y/n? It's time to wake up." A voice said.

"Five more minutes Jane. Please." I mumbled, waving my hand in front of my face. "Five more minutes." I turned over. Someone removed my covers. It got cold. "Really?" I said, getting up. Loki was sitting in the chair across from the bed.

"Morning." He said. "How long have you been sitting there?" I asked, sort of scared.

"Not long." He replied. "I've been sitting here for about five minutes." I grabbed the pillow and threw it at him. Loki caught and threw it back.

"Jerk." I muttered.

"I heard that." He said, getting up. "You have ten minutes to get ready."

"What for?" I asked.

"Every king needs an adviser." He responded. "I hope that you can be mine." I bit my lip.

"Sure, I'll be your adviser." I said. He smiled.

"Great, see you in ten minutes."

*Ten Minutes later*

I walked into the throne room. I found Loki sitting sprawled out on the throne, wearing a golden helmet with horns on it.

"Your Majesty." I said, kneeling. He laughed.

"There is no need for that." I stood up,

"Really? 'Cause I have a feeling that I'm supposed to kneel before you." We both laughed. "So, as your adviser, what am I supposed to do or say?" I asked.

"I believe that you're supposed to give me good advice when I have a problem with a situation." He explained.

"Uh, I think I've got all of that." I said. "But, to be sure, say it again." Loki laughed.

"Okay." He responded. "As my adviser, you have to give me good advice that will help out a situation."

"Got it." I said, rubbing my hands together. "When do we start?"

"Right now." He replied.

"Where do I sit?" I asked.

"I really don't think an adviser has a seat." He said. "But you're welcome to pull up a chair."

"Can I sit on your lap?" I asked. Loki blushed.

"Uh no, I don't think that is a very good idea." He replied. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm good with that." I replied. The entrance doors opened up. Sif and the warriors three walked in.

"Allfather, we must speak with you." She said. All of them bowed and then raised their heads. They seemed surprised to find Loki sitting on the throne. Someone must've not told them

"What is this?" Volstagg asked.

"My friends, you haven't heard?" He asked. "I am now Ruler of Asgard."

"Where is Odin?" Fandral asked. Geez, these guys didn't hear what happened. Whatever happened to gossip or announcements.

"Father's fallen into the Odinsleep. My mother fears he may never awaken again."

"We would speak with her." Sif said, looking at the Warriors three.

"She has refused to leave my father's bedside. You can bring your urgent matters to me, your king." He said. Loki was taking being a king a little too far.

"We would ask you to end Thor's banishment." Sif asked him. At this point, I think I should've gone up and said something, but I kept my mouth shut.

"My first command can not be to undo the Allfather's last. We're on the brink of war with Jotunheim. Our people must have a sense of continuity in order to feel safe in these difficult times." He replied.

"Oh gosh, this guy must be really dangerous." I whispered. Sif must've heard me because she gave me a dirty glare.

"All of us must stand together, for the good of Asgard." Loki said.

"Of course." Fandral replied. All four of them left.

"I think I did okay for my first time being an adviser." I said, trying to break the tension. Loki chuckled.

"Say, how would you like to go back to Earth?" He asked. I smiled. I kinda missed Earth, even though I knew Jane would yell at me for missing. Or she might get really teary eyed.

"Sure." I replied. He smiled.

"We leave tomorrow." He replied.

"Great, also," I said, "I need to use the restroom. Am I allowed to leave?" I asked. Loki nodded. "Thanks!" I yelled rushing for the bathroom.

*Timeskip brought to you by green, fuzzy slippers*

I walked back into the throne room, holding a clipboard I made out of pieces of wood that was just lying on the floor. Oh yeah, and paper I stole from my drawer.

"Where did you get that?" Loki asked, pointing at the clipboard. "I don't know what it's called."

"This is my 'clipboard' so that I can keep track of your situations and give you good advice." I replied. "So has anyone come with a problem while I was gone?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I think we should call it in early." He said. "I don't think anyone has really bad problems."

"I have Sif's problem written down." I handed Loki the clipboard, "If you have time, we can go over it." I gave out a yawn.

"You're tired, you should go to bed." Loki said.

"Nah, I'm good." I said. "I had my decaf... I think." Did I have my daily decaf today?

"You have bags under your eyes, you need the sleep." Loki said, putting my limp arm around his shoulder. He dragged me to bed.

"Can you tuck me in?" I asked, letting my head hit the pillow. Loki sighed, tucking me in.

"You should get some sleep too." I said. "You need it too." He sat down on the chair. I threw him a pillow and the covers. I plopped myself down on his lap.

"Scooch closer, I get cold at night." I said. He moved a little closer to me. I wrapped the blanket around the both of us. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Goodnight Y/n." Loki said.

"Goodnight Loki." I replied, drifting off to sleep.