✨ONESHOT PT.2.✨

"So you'll be back right?" Grace asked as they were driving to the airport.
"Yes I will bella."
"And you gonna call everyday?"
"Yes."
"Ok. I still don't want you to leave."
"I know bella." Carina said.

Today was the day that Carina had to fly out to Italy for the next couple months. Grace was happy but not really that happy about it. Even though she knew how to control her emotions, it was still tough on her. Maya promised her that whenever she needed to talk to Carina, she could without asking. Grace happily agreed to something like that.

They had just left home after eating lunch. Their last lunch all together for a while. It was pretty good. Nothing to crazy happened. Grace and Carina both shedded a tear here and there but nothing else.

As they got closer to the airport, Grace started getting more and more anxious. Bouncing her leg up and down as she looked out the window in the back seat. Maya looked in the rear views mirror and saw her. She tapped on Carina's leg, making her look up from her phone. When she did, Maya signaled back to Grace and Carina turned around in her seat.

"Grace, bella it's gonna be ok."
"I know I'm just still really nervous for some reason."
"It's ok to be nervous bella."
"Really?" Grace asked.
"Yea."
"When are you going to be back?"
"I don't know yet bella but I promise it'll be sooner than you think. Ok?"
"Ok."

"Bye Carina." Grace waved to her as she walked into the airport. Carina turned around and waved back, blowing a kiss as well. Even though you couldn't really see it through the mask. Once Carina had got her temp checked she walked into the doors leaving the two standing outside.

Grace turned around into Maya's arms and just cried her heart out. Maya pulled her in for a hug. Stroking her back up and down and occasionally running her heads through her hair. "Let's go in the car so we can take our masks off. So you don't run out of air, ok?" Grace nodded and then the both of them walked towards the car.

"She's gonna be ok. She'll be back."
"I know....but it still hurts to see her leave." Grace got out through a mixture of cries. Maya placed her hand on her thigh. Grace was sitting in the front seat this time because Maya wanted to watch her. "I know babygirl. I know."

•May 23rd•

"Last day of school!!" Grace shouted once her zoom class was over. Shutting her computer down and putting it away.  Maya sitting on the other side of the table doing some work on her computer as well.
"Congrats Grace." Maya said getting up from the table. "I can't believe your gonna be in 9th grade next year."
"It feels scary but fun at the same time." She said standing up to go put away her binder and pencils and things. 
"You wanna go out for lunch?" Maya asked once she had back from her room.
"Sure." She said.

"I remember when Carina took me here."Grace said as they sat down at their table. COVID was still a thing but it wasn't as powerful anymore but still pretty powerful. Restaurants and stores started to reopen slowly. Along with schools and offices.

When everything started to open up Maya got a call from the city hall saying they had finally rescheduled at date for Grace's adoption to be finalized. Maya told Carina about it but not Grace. These last couple of months had been a little hard without Carina but that had gotten used to it.

One thing Grace didn't know about was that Carina was actually flying home back to the states the same day as the adoption. Maya and Carina decided to keep it between them two so that no one would get their hopes up just in case something happened.

"Really?" Maya asked.
"Yea. She took me here when I had an early day at school. I think."
"Nice. Me and Carina come here all the time. Just to release the tension and stress. You know enjoy the presence of each other."
"Nice. Can I text Carina if you don't mind?"
"Yea you can. You don't have to ask."