hiyonami // dating start!

{ og post date: march 5th, 2021. sfw. word count: 5,297. }

~

first dates. they all end up in different ways; they can be awkward, they can be lovely, it just depends on the two people that agreed to hang out. it will determine if there will be more dates in the future, or if it is the final time they will see each other. how do first dates go when both individuals have little to no dating experience? it's hard to say, unless they've been close friends before this day.

chiaki fumbled around in her drawers, picking out a last-minute outfit to wear that day. see, she isn't the type to have everything planned out a day or two in advance, especially when it comes to clothes she'll wear out and about.
"monomi, have you seen my triforce hair clip? i know i left it on top of my dresser last time i had it on... i think." she said, as she patted her hand in the empty space.

a small, half-white, half-pink rabbit popped out and gave her head a scratch with her little paw. monomi is a plush toy with an ai in her, developed by chiaki's brother, chihiro - he created her when they were just going into their teenage years, since he thought she was a bit lonely due to not having many friends at the time.
"i don't recall! do you think chihiro borrowed it? he does enjoy that game series, too, you know!"

"yes, right- we matched outfits a few weeks ago, maybe he forgot to return it. thanks, bun," nodded chiaki, as she ran a hand on the rabbit's head for a second before rushing out of the bedroom. across the hall was chihiro's room, where he was checking out the coding to a pc game he's been into for a while now. as expected, he looked as though he just woke up, his hair being a mess and his pajamas looking wrinkled.

sparing a quick glance, the programmer gestured a hand to signal her that it was okay to come in. "do you need a prep talk before you go meet hiyoko?"
"what? no, i was wondering if you still had that hair clip. y'know, the triforce one," replied chiaki, as she strolled over to his desk and leaned down. his set up was built a bit differently than hers, though that was because he didn't only use his tech for gaming.

as he typed along his keyboard, chihiro thought about what she could be referring to. he cleaned his room regularly, unlike her, and hasn't noticed that hair clip anywhere. "err... i'm sorry, but i don't know. it could be in the pocket of the skirt i wore, remember when it was windy? my hair didn't need it if it wasn't staying neat." he let out a soft giggle, like the memory was one he is fond of and looked back on often.

chiaki, without a word, walked to his closet and opened the door; there were many clothes lined up in an organized manner. she spotted the outfit in less than a second and shoved her hands in both pockets. sighing in relief, she took out the hair clip then pinned up a small part of her hair that tends to fall unevenly on her face. the amount of regret she has for cutting her own hair was unbelievable, but it'll grow back and be fixed as time goes on.

"text me if you need some memes to calm your nerves," said chihiro, his tone gentle as he spoke. chiaki watched him blow his messy hair out of his face for a moment then gave him a smile.
"i definitely will. expect some photos of things i find you may like so you can bother dad about it for your birthday gifts!" she waved as she said this, sliding past the doorway and back into her room.

after double checking her kitty bag to see if she had everything, she turned off the bedroom light and went down the hall that leads to the kitchen. there taichi was, sitting at the table with a cup of coffee and phone in-hand in order to check the weather. he looked up from the screen and up at his daughter, glasses sliding ever so slightly down his nose; he hadn't been waiting long, fortunately.

"ready to go, honey?" he asked as he stood and slipped his phone into his back pocket. she gave a tuneful 'mhm', her smile wider than it usually is. chiaki was one lucky girl; her father didn't mind she was lesbian, and doesn't get tense whenever she mentions dates. if anything, this makes things easier on him, as he would be able to give advice on girls to both of his children. a bunch of women lovers in the family.