Chapter 9.0

Author's Note: To all those reading this, thanks! :) Although this story has about 17.6 K views which I am very happy about, there are only about a 100 people who are dedicated readers...and only about 15 of them comment regularly...But, every read, vote and comment is appreciated by me...Although I like comments > votes > reads.... Coz commenting takes effort...which gives me immense pleasure that there are people who make that effort for the story and that the story keeps them engaged! Thanks again! - Phenil

======================================================

King Ravi's Log - Lucie, Dan and Dwarves

27 January, 2015.

Paris, France.

======================================================

Things were back to normal...as normal as they can be with me. I was doing push-ups on the floor; Aditya had gone sight-seeing in Paris; Lucie was still unconscious; Dan was writing his diary sitting on Lucie's couch; Yadav was lurking around him trying to get a peek at it.

I knew Yadav before I'd even met him. India don't win many medals at Olympics compared to USA and China despite being as big a country as those two. Lack of public motivation I'd say! We are a cricket crazy nation of 1.2 billion people. Other sports don't matter as much. All the money gets poured into the most popular sport. So when someone does win a medal for the nation, it's big news. Yadav was a guy from a very small village in the state of 'Haryana'.

I had asked Aditya to explain to me everything that had been going on since my birthday but he had forced me to rest while he took care of 'business'. I had slept for an hour or two. When I woke up, Yadav told me that Aditya had taken away the Persian soldiers with him, both the living and the dead. In my sleep I once again saw the white desert that I had seen when I had picked up that stone in Greece. After I had regained consciousness back then, I was in Italy and the stone was nowhere to be found. I was and still am baffled about what happened. That was one mystery that I wanted to solve very badly.

Paris is a very short train ride away from Milan. I had no Euros with me. There's no shame in a King performing magic tricks with fire on a train platform in order to get some money for the train ride, is there? Which brings me to the topic of fire. I had been able to conjure up flames both in Greece and in Milan at the train station. But I came up empty when trying to fight the Persian men inside Lucie's house. Although my control had been terrible both in Greece and Milan. In Milan I had accidentally almost burnt a fruit stand and a few spectators. I was bummed.

Conjuring flames in real life was way more difficult than in games where you just had to press a key or click a button. This reminded me of skyrim where you could charge a spell while holding down the key or button. The amount of Ki you used for the spell depended upon how quick or late you released it. Ah! I wanna play a game so badly. It's been ages!

The doorbell rang, so I stopped my push-ups and opened the door to a smiling Aditya. He was carrying two paper-bags with him.

"What's that?" I asked as he entered.

"Food. Indian food."

"Great!"

"It sure is costly outside India and difficult to find too." He gushed on.

"I saw you give Euros to that cabbie too. Do you keep every currency of the world with you?" Dan asked as he stopped writing in his diary.

"Just the major ones." Aditya answered.

"Come on, guys! Let's go upstairs to the training room and eat on the floor like true Indians." I said to everyone.

"I am not Indian and I am not sitting on the floor to eat my food." Dan said disapprovingly.