Character Profile and Art - Raymond Clarke

Author's Note: Art is attached. Amazing work by the amazing artist Paul, who is humble enough to call himself an amateur. It's really a shame I can't include another one of his drawings here that also fits Raymond perfectly. Here's the link to his deviantart page: http://paul-shanghai.deviantart.com/

==============================================================================

Name: Raymond Clarke

Title: The Australian King

Power: The Chameleon

Power Description: Raymond takes on the properties of any object he touches. If he touches water, he can turn his body into water. If he touches sand, he can turn into sand. But there is a limitation on the speed with which he transforms his body. Also, he can not turn his body into more than 1 substance at a time.

Territory: Australia and New Zealand. There is a three-way scuffle with Wu and Honda for the countries of Indonesia and Malaysia.

Hobbies: Surfing, snowboarding and juggling.

Background: Raymond was born in a small tidy village in Queensland, Australia called 'Mission Beach'. It's hidden in lush rainforest off the highway. Aussies know it's there, but few bother to patronize its dazzling beach, offshore islands, and rainforest trails. There's great white-water rafting on the nearby Tully River, too.

Raymond's dad served in the Australian Navy while his mother sold hand-made jwellery at a local shop. Raymond loved the beach. When he was not at school or sleeping at home, you would find him on the beach. His father was away for long periods of time, and little Raymond would sit on the beach waiting for his father to come back. His mother had told him that he was out at sea.

He loved the sand, the water, everything about the beach. When his father did come home, the family would go on vacations to New Zealand and Raymond learned to snowboard there.  He loved the snow ever more than the beach sand. Surfing and snowboarding were his life.

After completing school, he opened up a surfing equipment store - bar and restaurant combo. He learned to juggle from the bartender named Glenn who had applied for the job he had advertised in a newspaper. He had decided never to get romantically involved with one of his customers or his employees. The problem was that he never met any girls any other way. Glenn quickly became Raymond's best friend. He helped him with everything except for one thing. He refused to be Raymond's wingman to get him dates.

Raymond's power comes from his longing to be one with his environment, to be in sync with it. When his power manifested, Raymond found out that Glenn was in fact his advisor and that he knew that Raymond would one day become King. There were several 'King Candidates' as was the case everytime. But Glenn had put his money on Raymond.

Raymond helped the Australian government with many covert missions and soon developed a very synergic relationship with them.

Raymond plans on asking Helena on a date when the war is over.

Power Level According To Ravi: 50

Rank According To Ravi: 6/10

Pet: None.

The King/Queen He Likes The Most: Helena Carrizo. For obvious reasons. He doesn't know Helena feels the same way. Dan didn't tell him about it because Dan is evil. I will have to step in, like always.

The King He Hates The Most:  Shoaib Khan. Because Raymond is secretly a rascist. This is what Dan said: "Ray gave vague reasons for hating Khan like he has a creepy aura". Hence he is a rascist. Dan Logic.