Chapter 1.4

Monica introduced us to her friend, who was coincidentally named Rachel. That was it, the trigger for an endless discussion between Dan, Monica and Rachel about the tv show 'Friends'. I hadn't watched a lot of 'Friends' despite being forced to numerous times by Dan. I was glad Dan had because I was, at that moment, not capable of holding a conversation. I was too immersed in my own thoughts on what was happening to me.

The Holos in front of me, the game-like nature of everything that had transpired since that morning, only led to one conclusion. I realized my wish from last night had come true. From now on, my life was going to be like a game. My mind was racing now like a horse in a derby race. The questions in my mind were like a hundred toddlers put in a single room, bumping into each other and going haywire in all directions.

How did my wish come true? What exactly was the wish? As far as I remembered, my wish had been very vague. 'I wish my life was like a game.' - that was it. Did it mean it would be like a game till I died? What kind of game? RPG? FPS? A freakin' puzzle game? I was shocked, to say the least. I was also utterly speechless.

My being speechless didn't go unnoticed by the girls and Dan. I saw Monica's face look at mine quizzically through the transparent Holos.

"Ok." I said to make all the Holos disappear once again. Hmm, I would need to find a better way to get rid of the Holos. Saying 'ok' every-time a Holo appeared would make me feel and look dumb, since nobody else could see them, right? Right? I silently prayed to God that was the case. Anyway, Dan was enough dumb for the both of us.

"Ok what?" Monica asked.Think quick, Ravi.
"Ok, I will go on a date with you. Tomorrow, if you're free. You're very beautiful." I slapped myself mentally. What an Idiot! You're coming on too strong!
"Haha. Sorry but I already have a boyfriend." Monica said almost apologetically.
"He may be arriving here any moment." She added cheerfully.
"What! We better run, Dan!" I said with mock fright in my voice.
Dan actually got up so I pulled him down with a yank.
"Sit down you gullible bas-, uhmm, best friend of mine."
"I was just playing along with you. Don't treat me like an idiot all the time. Enjoy your birthday, I am leaving." Dan huffed.
"Sorry." I said actually feeling guilty.
"Just messin' with ya'." Dan grinned. Everyone laughed except for me.

The conversation continued for a few more minutes during which I drifted back to my thoughts of the weird phenomenon that was happening to me. When I was about to punch Dan in the morning, there was a Holo above him. It showed that Dan was a Karate blue belt and that he was level 9. What the hell did that mean? I knew about Dan's blue belt of which he was very proud. But what did 'level' mean? Power level? That was the first thing that came to my mind. While I was thinking all this, a huge fellow came over to our table with a chair in his hand. 

Enter Brock, Monica's boyfriend, chair in hand, the Kryptonite to my superman, level20. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Thanks For reading! I also know that there are several errors in the previous chapters, but I will try to edit them out. If you see any that I miss, please let me know in the comments. If there aren't any, then comment about the content, instead :D . Push the star button if you like the chapter. It would help me a lot. Thanks again! :) - Phenil