Chapter 15.1

===========================================

King Ravi's Log - Mayhem

===========================================

The dragon just hovered in the air casually, as if it was uninterested in flying and it could stop flapping it's hugeass wings any moment. The Dragon was dark red in color with pitch black pupils. It's snout and legs were maroon while the inside of it's wings were pinkish. It looked old but I never could guess Dragon's ages. Nor did I know the type/species of this particular Dragon since there was no Holo hovering above it. I doubt I could have read the Holo even if it was hovering above it since it would have been at a height of 35 feet (including the hut's height) and 15 meters (50 feet) away. Maybe I am going to need glasses soon.

What's it doing?

"Psst. It hasn't spotted us yet." I whispered to Dan.
"Wha..?" Dan asked dazed. His attention was on the dragon. I couldn't blame him for not hearing me.
"Time to sneak away while we can." I crouched down slowly.

Dan as we know by now, tends to do Didiotic things every once in a while. I just accept it. There's no solution for stupidity. Once all of this is over I am going to start a clothing business. I could sell T-shirts. The shirts would have lines like 'Magicians exist. You're looking at one.'  or  'There's no solution for stupidity.' with an arrow pointing to the right. This would have to be the case cause Dan is like my friend and right-hand-man at the same time.

In order to deal with Dan's unusual, absurd, over-the-top actions, I have reserved a quota for him called 'Dakota' which allows me to control my anger and overlook one stupid thing per week. You know, 'The quota', 'Da quota', 'Dakota'. Terrible pun skill, I know.

Anyway, Dan scampered towards the hut on all fours. The Dragon noticed it and puffed out smoke from it's snout. Before Dan reached the hut, the Dragon literally dropped itself on it, completely smashing it to the ground. There was dust and sand in the air and Dan was knocked back on all fours. I ran over to him, lifted him up by the arm and we both started running away from the Dragon towards the forest.

We were good runners but we weren't faster than a flying Dragon. The cover of the trees helped us hide. We repeatedly changed directions and the Dragon didn't use fire. Dragons never use fire inside forests. They are environmentalists. There's a joke here somewhere, but I can't find it. I almost fell down twice as we ran on the uneven ground.

"You have used up your Dakota for the week." I informed Dan while we continued running. We couldn't hear the Dragon anymore but better safe than sorry. After a while, we heard the sound of water and I knew that a river was close. Things were dandy. We'd left the dragon behind. There was just one small problem. Our scuba gear and clothes along with Lucie's katana were buried underneath Blubell's hut. She'd kill me if I didn't retrieve the katana before going back.

I was thirsty from all the running so I made Dan stop and indicated him to be quiet. Then very slowly, I started moving towards the flowing water, taking care not to step on dry leaves. The key to survival here was making as little noise as possible.

The density of trees started lessening and we reached the bank of a very wide river. I guessed that despite of it's width, the river wasn't too deep since the water made a lot a sound. Silent waters run deep. Empty vessels make a lot of noise. Two proverbs my mother has taught me that I interpret both literally and figuratively.