chapter 5

Somehow during the night, I was able to fall asleep halfway. Not a full rest but somehow a daze until the alarm clock on the chest of drawers rings at 6:30 AM just like it does every day. When it does that, I'm completely awake but somehow can't will myself out of bed. I'm exhausted from my day yesterday and also from my little 3 AM chat with Victoria and Richard.

 I can hear Alyssa get out of her bed and turn off the alarm clock.

 "Hey, Liv." She says gently. "Time to get up." 

In response, I turn over and pull the covers over my head.

 "Liv." She says, her tone harsher.

I can hear our door creaking open and someone walks in. 

"What time are we leaving?" I hear Ryan's voice. "We have to pack up the truck and leave but we have to figure out the right time."

 I'm hearing this under my covers, clutching them and curling in a ball on my side. 

"What's she doing?" I hear Ryan ask.

"She won't get up."

Ryan groans. "Olivia get your ass out of bed."

 I ignore his command, and further curl into my bed, taking comfort from the light that has been turned on in my blankets. 

"Get up!" he says louder, but I don't want to. And I can do what I want. 

I hear Alyssa groan, but they both walk out of the room. I relax into my covers hoping they'll take this opportunity to let me sleep. We don't even have to leave until-

"Hey!" 

A freezing cold shock of water hits my body and I jump out of bed to see Ryan standing over my bed with an empty cup because he had just poured the contents on me. 

Alyssa is sitting there giggling. 

"What the fuck?!"

Alyssa gives me a pointed look. 

"It's time to get up." Her hands are on her hips. "Now get dressed." She commands.

"Hate you both."

 I reach past Ryan to go to my drawers and grab my favorite pair of jeans and a solid blue shirt. Knowing that whatever I wear today is what I'll be leaving with, and wearing for the foreseeable future. I turn around after grabbing my items and shooing with my hands. 

"Get out."

"Don't get back in bed," Ryan says as he closes the door after he and Alyssa walk out.

 I just roll my eyes back at that. I put on the clothes, and my shoes and throw my still-damp hair in a ponytail. I walk into the bathroom across the hall to brush my teeth and then I bound down the stairs for breakfast. 

Mrs. James, a sweet old lady who's registered as Richard's cook, and is actually our cook, serves me one piece of toast with grape jelly spread over it and two strips of bacon.

"Thank you." I smile nodding at her and turn to go sit somewhere. 

Ryan and Alyssa are sitting at the dining room table, so that is a no-go for me. I'm not eating with them after the little water incident. The kitchen bar is filled with papers so I just lean on the wall, by the door, sink down and eat my food. 

Both Alyssa and Ryan give me funny looks, and then give each other looks laughing but neither says anything to me. 

Walker and Daisy walk in together arm in arm as I'm eating my toast. Gross. Love.