CHAPTER TEN

色とりどりの生活を送る𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

色とりどりの生活を送る
𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

chitanda eru
"You can go on ahead, I'll go
check up on Yasukawa-san."

oreki houtarou
"I'll check up on her, you can
go with Satoshi and Ibara."

chitanda eru
"If you say so..."

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Chitanda waved to Oreki and headed out with Ibara and Fukube. Oreki sighed for the nth time today, and he grabbed his bag, locked the clubroom, placed back the keys for the clubroom in the faculty office, and then headed towards the Infirmary to see the nurse wasn't there, but he saw Satsuki laying there in one of the three beds in the room.

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ He pulled back a chair, placed his bag down, and took out a different pocketbook to read. He didn't know why he was doing this, usually, he'd be home now laying in his bed staring at the ceiling, contemplating life; but he is here right now in the infirmary, sitting next to a sleeping girl he knew for a couple of months, waiting for her to wake up so that they could walk home together.

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Satsuki shifted in her sleep, laying on her side now facing Oreki. He took a glance at her facial features, he brushed the hair that was falling on her face back behind her ear.

oreki houtarou
'What am I doing? This is so
out of character...'

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ He went back to reading his book, stealing glances whenever he could.

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ After thirty or so minutes, Satsuki was now awake. She sat up and stretched, she checked the time on her watch and saw that it was already 5:45 pm, way past the time that she was expecting. She looked at her surroundings and was shocked to see Oreki was reading a book and slightly dozing off.

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ Satsuki flushed pink a bit, seeing the unexpected visitor. She didn't expect that Oreki would wait for her due to the fact that he likes to walk home, but it's most likely that he misses her company when walking home.

‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ They'd have these little discussions about books they read, they'd have little debates over characters and the plot of the book, whether it's just a simple-is this plot of the book fitting for its genre?- or maybe -did this character deserve their consequences of their actions?- either way they used their brains.