iii. shelter ✓

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER III

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER III.
SHELTER
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

SHELTER╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

“HERE,” THE FAUN SAID. “Take this, it'll keep you a little warmer.”

Cypauck handed James his thick dark green scarf which she hesitantly took. “Won't you be cold?” She asked, but the half-human, half-goat just shook his head and answered. “No, I've gotten used to this cold since my birth.”

“You could still catch a cold, though!” James argued back. “No!” The faun snapped at her, causing her to turn silent.

He sighed heavily and then patted the girl's shoulder to motivate her to start walking again. Something in his words made James think that things weren't completely fine, like she had thought just a moment ago and she made it her goal to find out what truly happened here.

Together, Cypauck and James walked through the thick forest of tall pine trees. They wandered deeper into the forest, until they reached a small village which blended in well with the woods. James looked around fascinated as they walked through the village.
Creatures of all kinds were walking on the bumpy streets, children of foxes and fauns were playing hide and seek, centaur guards were watching the events with alrmed eyes, always ready to step in if something went wrong. And in the midst of it all, was a single human girl. James.

James was captured in the beauty of the city since she has never seen one before. The life on the cyan sea and wooden ship with its few crewmates was never as lively as in this village which captured life in such a different way than James was used to.

It amazed her how everything seemed so harmonized but at the same time chaotic. To be honest, it reminded her of the Ordinary Journey where they working together like a big, chaotic family.
Tears swelled up in her eyes as she thought of her mother and she pressed her lips together to prevent the tears from falling down her red cheeks. She was also confused how the houses were able to stand without gravity tearing them to the ground, but on the other side: how was a hundred pound ship able to float on the water without going under?