xi. what now?

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗CHAPTER XI

╔═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╗
CHAPTER XI.
WHAT NOW?
╚═❖•ೋ° - °ೋ•❖═╝

THE COLD AIR brushed against James' face

The last few hours had been a complete disaster for the girl. Not only, did she have trouble finding her horse because he had somehow completely disappeared, but she also was confronted with death by hanging once she had presented Grayd all the items he had asked for, except for the broch.

Luckily though, High Queen Susan had saved her life for probably the second time in a row now.
Never had James imagined to see Her Majesty again, especially after breaking into the Cair and barely escaping.

But here she was, sitting in front of the queen as she pressed her elbows against her sides for security. Susan's hands were grasped tightly around her horse's reins and their bodies were pressed together, so the still weak, shocked and confused James would not fall from the galloping horse.

After leaving Jóykeen, the party had decided to return to Cair Paravel as soon and fast as possible, due to them traveling with three new Narnians.

Cypauck clung onto a centaur's neck as if life depended on it. It was almost uncomfortable for the half-man half- horse but he ignored the nearly choking pain and continued running.

Wyrel Ysidro had his hands bound and the rope was held tightly by the general ( no this was not Oreius, Susan had yet to catch his name ). No matter over how many rivers, bushes and fallen over trees they jumped, the evil centaur always continued keeping up with his guard. He thought that having a trial with the Kings and Queens of Narnia would hopefully be far less painful than escaping and getting either captured again or killed immediately.

Edmund closed off the group as he rode on the far back to make sure that an escape would not go unnoticed.

The sun was shining as they made their way through the meadows and James seemed to finally get stronger.