• F i f t e e n •

Alex's P.O.V.

1 year later. 

As a quick reminder: this book does contain topics of on the way to eating disorders, depression, self-hatred. 

It's been a year now. Communication between the two of us has died down. I let her go. I had decided that if I didn't I was going to be in a wild chase for someone who wanted nothing to do with me. It was fine. I assumed we weren't meant for each other, it sucks in the end, but there was nothing more I can do after a year of constantly trying to be there for her. 

My mom and dad were able to adopt Abigail and it was finalized last week. They also signed me up for therapy because I'd constantly get better than worse than I was. Today's my first day. I didn't want to go, but they kept promising me that this would be good for me. I didn't believe them. I just wanted them to stop asking about me and treating me like I was a fragile little toy. 

Today would finally be the day I can get that, hopefully. I got dressed in a grey sweatshirt with grey joggers. My hair was a mess. My hands would run through them almost all the time, it wouldn't make sense to fix it. 

Mom wanted me to eat, my depression has been so bad lately that the thought of eating just made me want to puke. I tried to comply by eating a toast bread but that just didn't work. It refused to even let me close my mouth. I drank a bit of water to let the taste leave and headed out toward the door. 

Mom and dad wanted to drive me there, Abigail following along. I sat in the back with Abigail seeing her make silly faces trying to make me laugh. I couldn't laugh. I felt so numb. When we arrived at the building I wanted to drown. Can the world just swallow me whole? It'd make me feel better. Whatever better can possibly get me to. 

I sat in one of the chairs in the main hallway with Abigail as my parents signed my name and gave my insurance and everything. Mom and dad didn't have any insurance anymore, it was taken away from them a couple of months ago, which truly sucks since mom has been having a lot of back and leg problems-the government couldn't care less though. Mom gathered the pack of new patient papers and asked Abigail to move to the chair next to dad so she can be with me while she files it out. 

20 minutes later I was called in. "Alex Orlando, down the hall to your left, please." I hesitated before going to my parents and hugging them both before kissing the top of Abigail's head. I walked down the hall and turned to my left and sighed. Gosh, I'm so nervous. This is all so stupid. I realized I'd been standing there for 2 minutes, I quickly knocked on the door and waited for the one behind to answer. When she answered "Come in," I did so. 

"Hi, Alex Orlando?" I nodded and did a small wave. 

"I'm Ms. Anderson, it's very nice to meet you, please have a seat." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll survive, somehow I always do. I used to be nice, now I'm something, not evil, just hurt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahem.... any similarities to "Numb?" Hi! I've been trying to get a hold of myself and have been writing little by little every day. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry they've been short. I do want to get chapters out of the way every chance I get. Enjoy! See you next chapter . 

Love, Zoey <3