• T w o •

Alex's P.O.V.

When I turned around to face her I lost it. I fell to the ground and cried. I cried so much I didn't realize Sophie brought me up to my room and had me laying on my bed.

I heard talking. About what? I don't know. All that I heard was whispering but only one person's voice.

I felt someone caressing my shoulder. It was soft and meaningful.

"Alex. Try waking up please!" Someone pleaded. It sounded like a girl.

The aching pain all over my body the numbness. I felt paralyzed. I felt like I couldn't move. Couldn't talk. Couldn't do anything.

I tried getting up. It took a while but I did it. When I did I saw Sophie sitting on the edge of the bed looking at me with sad eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked me sincerely.

I scoffed. "Of course! Yes! I'm fine everything is good. I feel great!"

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Your sarcasm isn't appreciated."

"Mhmm wasn't meant to be."

"What happened back there?"

"Nothing."

"I'm not stupid Alex. What happened?"

"Just a casual fall and cry about my life."

"Alex is this about Amanda?"

"No." I hesitated.

"Alex..."

"Yes okay gosh!"

"You know... you never told me what actually happened." Sophie tells me playing with the thread on the bottom of her shirt.

"Ehh not a big deal. I broke up with her. It just seems weird not having her around as much as before. Nothing else."

She looked at me like I was an idiot. "You did not just say that you guys broke up and that it's not a big deal. Because the Alex I know is actually dying inside wanting to know why she cheated on him. Am I right? Or am I right?"

I stared at her shocked. How the hell did she know?

"What'd you hear?" I asked her.

"You know that everyone knows at school. Rumors went around and the yearbook guy had a picture of them kissing and leaked it making everyone realize and so I heard from the girls in my class and so yeah. Now you tell me your part."