• E l e v e n •

Alex's P.O.V. 

We walked through the grass filled with all types of flowers. Sunflowers, roses, tulips, daisies. It was beautiful. The sun shining on us, the wind blowing through us, the smell of pollen flowing around, it was all beautiful. When the sun hit her face I knew it was the end of me. Her face began to glow when the sun touched her warm tan skin. Her cheeks glistened, the tinted red in her cheeks was brighter with the red summer dress she was wearing. Her smile was bright, it was the happiest I've ever seen it. That made me happy, it made me hope it was because of me. 

I felt a light jolt on my right shoulder. I opened my eyes but then squinted them when I realized the curtains have been pulled open. 

"Mom," I groaned. It was way too damn early for this. She looked at me and smiled. 

"Morning, sweetheart. We are going out today. Just you and me. We could do whatever you'd like but please keep in mind that I have been getting tired easily so don't go to hard on me," She laughed at her own saying. 

"Mom." 

She looked at me. "Are you okay?" 

"Of course I am, baby." She mustered up a smile. I knew it was fake. 

"Momma, don't lie to me, I'm your son, you can tell me anything quite frankly," I patted the empty space to the right of me on my bed. 

She sighed and caressed her white dress. "Your dad and I got into an argument. It's okay though it was my fault," She rubbed her eyes and played with the loose piece of hair that fell from her ponytail. 

"Momma, again? You guys have been arguing a lot lately. Why do you think it's your fault?" I gently rubbed her shoulder up and down. 

"Because, I shouldn't have brought up money. Any time we bring up money we argue, and I should've kept my mouth shut I didn't want to argue at all when we came here. I'm sorry, Alex." She laid her head on my shoulder as I kissed her forehead. 

"It's not your fault, momma, dad just needs to take a breather, he'll be back," I tried calming her down. 

"Hopefully, well anyways. Enough about all of this, let's go have fun," She got up with the same bright smile. 

She really knew how to hide the pain. 

I got up, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went to the closet to pick out some clothes. I decided on wearing a red flannel shirt that had grey lines across it, a pair of black ripped jeans, and a pair of black sneakers. I decided against putting gel on my hair, I liked the natural look today. I grabbed a watch from the drawer and put it on. 

I grabbed my phone, wallet, and Uncle Carson's key. As I walked down stairs the tantalizing aroma of fresh coffee hit my face. Ahh, delicious. Momma knew it best. 

I walked inside the kitchen and found Grandma Mer and my momma cooking breakfast. 

"Good morning, grams," I went around the kitchen island in the middle and kissed her cheek. 

"Morning, sweetie, I hope you slept comfortably," She smiled at me. 

"I did, thank you. And you, grams? How are you feeling?" I asked as mom poured me a cup of the French Vanilla Coffee that was just freshly brewed.