👛 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙧 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙗𝙖𝙜 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙤𝙨 👛

Written by eloquiant

You don't need to carry 5 pairs of glasses in your handbag. We've all been there; find out how to declutter your bag and carry only the essentials!

Decluttering:

1.  Empty all purse contents

Empty out your purse completely. Lay out the contents on a few paper towels. As you empty your purse, group items together—pens with pens, makeup with makeup, and so on. Create little groupings of all the items you carry in your bag.

You may also want to open your wallet and empty all the contents as well. Again, group items together—change, cards, cash, receipts. When you're finished, you should have an empty wallet and an empty purse.

2. Shake it out

When your purse and wallet are both cleared out, unzip any pockets or other compartments. Hold your bags over the garbage can and shake them out thoroughly. If possible, turn the lining inside out to really shake off any crumbs and lint.

Use a lint roller or the soft brush attachment of your vacuum to clean out all residue thoroughly. Lint rollers are great because they're gentle and won't harm the lining or cause damage to your purse.

3. Clean your purse

Use alcohol-free baby wipes to clean off any spots or stains on the inside and outside of your purse. Always test the cleaner in an inconspicuous spot in case it leaves a mark. For canvas handbags, a gum eraser gently removes spots. For ink stains, an alcohol prep pad will take them off, but use caution as alcohol dries out leather and will damage certain fabrics.

Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning your bag. Never wash a handbag in the washer, unless it specifically states "machine washable." Spot clean any areas with alcohol-free baby wipes. For deeper cleaning, you may need a professional.

What to keep in your purse

✰ Cell phone with hands-free set in a small pouch

✰ Hand wipes (1-2), individually packaged

✰ Pen and small notepad

✰ Sunglasses with case

✰ Touch up makeup bag with one lip balm/lipstick, nail file, powder, etc.

✰ Medical needs such as aspirin, medication, a Band-Aid, and feminine products

✰ Wallet with credit/debit cards, cash, and ID

✰ Insurance cards and information

✰ Small key chain with keys

Then, you can put everything back neatly! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!