🏃🏻‍♀️ 𝙍𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 🏃🏻‍♀️

Written by LOWERCASE_GIRL

Okay, first off, I understand that sports are a sort of thing that not all people are into and I get that. I personally do enjoy some sports (even though I suck at all of them) and the few chapters I'll write about sports are just about beginning the few sports I have participated in as a girl.

RUNNING

Let's start easy, shall we? Running is a pretty big part in a lot of sports (soccer, football, baseball, softball, anything with a ball, really) and a few sports like cross country and track are completely focused on it. This chapter will be on running as a sport, not running as part of a sport.

1. Shoes

Running is, in general, pretty cheap unless you decide to invest in a really expensive pair of good shoes, which I won't fight you on but I only recommend getting super expensive shoes if you're experienced AND really dedicated to the sport. Decent running shoes can cost up to a hundred dollars, but at least you'll know they're good quality.

Personally, because I'm not as dedicated to the sport as others, I just snagged a simple pair that probably doesn't give me all the support I need but I don't run that often, so I'm okay with that.

2. Injuries

Shoes are super important because they could mean the difference between life and death — or, at least,
life and injury. When you run, you're forcing up to four times your body weight into the ground. That's seriously heavy and the rest of your body has to deal with that too, meaning you could get injuries that could put you out of the sport for a LONG time. So, Jess, you might be asking, how do you prevent such injuries?

One word: stretching.

S T R E T C H I NG. Stretching before and after running could prevent getting hurt and some example of stretches I use are:

- High knees
- Lunges
- standing knee hug
- Standing quad stretch
- and a bunch more I can't remember right now lol

But warming up with an easy jog is also important. Five to ten minutes should do the job.

3. Where To Run

No. Treadmill.

I repeat. No. Treadmill.

I used to think, "oh, but the treadmill is so much easier! You can get off it whenever you want if you're tired and you can have your water right next to you!" And that's exactly the problem. If you have the option to stop running whenever you want, your motivation goes out the window in half a second.

So basically what I'm saying is to run outside if the weather permits. You can run a loop or a there and back.

4. Running as a Girl

I DO NOT recommend running with your hair loose. If you really try to improve, you'll get gross and sweaty and it won't be fun to have to have sweaty hair. If you have long hair, like me, ponytail/braid is the way I go BUT that's because I'm running in a very safe environment with other people I trust, so I don't have to worry about being hurt by strangers or getting my hair pulled. Plus, running alone is boring.

If you do have to run alone, try to choose a hairstyle that's not easy to grab like a secure bun or something like that.

Also, sports bras!!! Get!!! Yourself!!! A!!! Sports!!! Bra!!!

Alright, I think that covers it. It was pretty long because running has so many aspects and future chapters about sports won't be as long, lol. See y'all later!!