💻 𝘾𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 💻

Written by eloquiant

So you want to customize your Chromebook? That boring grey default background is staring back at you and you want to change it up, correct? Well, let me show you!

Change the Wallpaper:

1. Right-click anywhere on your Chromebook's desktop and select "Set wallpaper" from the menu that appears.

2. Click through Google's categories to select an image, or click the "My Images" option at the bottom of the list to choose an image from your own local storage.

3. If you want your wallpaper to change to a new image every day, click the "Daily Refresh" toggle that's available on the first thumbnail of any of Google's categories. (That option, unfortunately, isn't currently available with your own images.)

Change the Browser Background:

1. Open a new tab in Chrome and click the "Customize" button (or the pencil icon) in the browser's lower right corner.

2. Select "Chrome backgrounds" to choose an image from Google's collection or "Upload an image" to pick an image from your own local storage, then follow the prompts to find and confirm the image you want.

Customize the Browser Theme:

1. Go to the theme section of the Chrome Web Store.

2. Find a theme you like and click Add to Chrome

Customize the Shelf:

1. Open your app drawer (by clicking the circle icon in the lower-left corner of the screen and then clicking the upward-facing arrow on the partial drawer that appears). Right-click any item in the list and select "Pin to shelf."

2. If you want to add a website, open the site, click the three-dot menu icon in Chrome's upper right corner, and then select "More tools" followed by "Create shortcut."

3. If you want the site to open in an app-like window, without the usual browser elements on top, click the "Open as window" option in the "Create shortcut?" pop-up window that appears. Then click the blue "Create" button.

4. Drag and drop any of the icons on the shelf to change their position.

5. Have you decided that you don't want the icon on your shelf after all? Right-click on the icon and select "Unpin."

And one final pair of possibilities: If you want your shelf to appear on the left or right side of your screen instead of at the bottom, right-click anywhere inside it, select "Shelf position," then select "Left" or "Right." And if you want your shelf to remain hidden by default and appear only when you mouse over it, right-click the shelf and select the "Autohide shelf" option.