Michael's P.O.V.

"Where are we going?" Luke questions.

"Mine and Grace's apartment." I answer, and his breath hitches. I pull into the parking lot and park the car before getting out and heading into the building, Luke following behind.

"Gracie," I shout as we walk in.

"Sh," Lacey is heard from the couch. "She's sleeping."

"Still? It's almost noon." Luke replies.

"She was up all night," Lacey tells us.

"Why?"

"I'm not sure. Probably nightmares." Her eyes never leave the television, and I sigh.

I walk into the small kitchen and brew her a cup of coffee. I make it the way she likes it. Blueberry flavoring, two creams, three sugars, and two ice cubes to cool it down when it's ready. Once it's ready, I bring the mug to her room and set it on her bedside table. I look up and see Luke at the doorway, watching us. I sit on the edge of her bed and begin rubbing her back.

"Gracie," I sing-song.

"Hm?" She hums, adjusting her body to where I can get to her back better which makes me chuckle.

"It's almost twelve, love."

"Mhm," she agrees.

"Do you plan on waking up soon?"

"Depends on why I smell blueberries." She mumbles. I gesture to Luke as if telling him to watch.

"I may have made your favorite coffee." I smirk before she jerks up, snatching the brown cup off of the table next to her.

"Thank you," she says with her mouth on the rim.

"Were you up all night?" I question, and she looks away. "Why?"

"I don't know," she shrugs.

"Grace," I give her a look.

"Just nightmares."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I don't know. Get out- I'm getting dressed." She pushes us out.

"What nightmares?" Luke asks, and I shake my head.

"Not my place," I answer. Luke and I sit on either side of Lacey while we wait for Grace.

"What are we watching?" Luke asks Lacey.

"Suite Life of Zack and Cody," she replies.

Grace's P.O.V

After getting out of bed, I walk to my mirror and brush through my hair, pulling the loose waves into a cute ponytail. I pull on my maroon skinny jeans and my nude fringe, open-toed heels. I then proceed to throw my floral crop top over my head, a nude cardigan following. For accessories, I wrap my rose gold-tone chain-link watch around my left wrist. [outfit at www.polyvore.com/gly_ch/set?id=180712827] Exiting the room, I enter the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"What are we doing today?" Michael calls from the living room as I start my makeup.

"I don't know what you're doing, but I have to drop Lace off at her dance class and go to work." I answer.

"Can we come?" They ask simultaneously.

"Don't you have that job interview today, Michael?" I put the finishing touches of my makeup on, then walk into the living area.

"Shit, that's in thirty minutes!" He shoots up, then runs to kiss me on the cheek. "Gotta run."

"What about me?" Luke yells as Michael slams the door.

"You can come with me, if you want." I suggest. His cheeks turn red.

"Oh, um, alright.." He trails off.

"Did you eat, Lace?"

"Yeah," she never looks away from the TV.

"Are you ready?" She doesn't answer. "Lacey, eyes off the TV and pay attention to me."

"Lacey," Luke tries. I walk over and turn off the television, then stand in front of it.

"Hey," she whines.

"When I'm talking, you pay attention to me, okay?" I say sternly.

"You're not my mom," she huffs.

"No, but I'm the closest thing you have. Now, are you ready?" I cross my arms.

"Yes."

"Good, go grab your bag and get in the car." I order. She does as told as Luke and I go to the small kitchen. We see her pass us, going out the door. I sigh, putting my head in my hands.

"You're doing good with her." Luke says lowly from across from me.

"I just feel like I'm doing everything wrong."

"You're doing the best you can. She'll thank you one day." He promises.

"Thank you. We better get going." He nods and follows me downstairs and into the car.

After dropping Lacey off, we head over to the book and record store where I work. I lead Luke inside where I find my boss, Owen, restocking the shelves.

"Owen, I'm here, and I brought a friend." I call as I walk behind the counter, putting my stuff under it. Owen comes up to us.

"Well, hi. I'm Owen." He shakes Luke's hand.

"Luke," he answers.

"Any friend of Grace's is a friend of mine." Owen winks at me before walking off and I look down, uncomfortable.

Luke's P.O.V

I can see how uncomfortable Owen makes her as she looks down when he walks away. I sit there, glaring at him while she does something on the computer for the next five minutes.

"Race you to the '50s section," she says suddenly before taking off.

"No warning? Not fair!" I call as I chase after her. I listen to her beautiful laugh sound throughout the store. When I finally catch up to her, she's searching through the music. I grab the Frank Sinatra alum from her hand. "You like this stuff?"

"Of course. I love Sinatra." She takes it back, and sits on the ground. I follow as I watch her drift off into another world. "My father and I used to dance to him every morning, especially on Christmas. He always used to talk about New York City, and how he'd take me there one day. He'd sing New York, New York to me every time I was sad or just wanted to hear it and dance. I remember one Christmas when I was nine and Lacey was two. The blizzard was so bad that they shut all the roads down. Dad was stuck at work, and it was Christmas eve. Mom, Lacey, and I had been waiting at the table for three hours when the door opened. We didn't think he'd be making it home that night, so I was ecstatic when he walked in. I ran to him and he picked me up. He had walked twenty blocks in the freezing cold - wind blowing, snow coming down - just to be able to dance to Frank Sinatra with me."

"Where is he now?" I question, and she looks down. I now realize that was the wrong thing to ask.

"Come with me." She stands up, taking my hand. She leads me over to the books and sits me down in the corner next to her. She pulls out a book from behind a shelf, and I quirk an eyebrow.

"What's that?"

"It's a book that I've been reading. I hide it so no one can buy it until I'm done." She smirks.

"Well, what's it about?"

"It's about a girl who's terrified of love, then this boy comes along. He's naive and is determined to make her fall in love." She pauses. "I don't know- it's stupid."

"No, not at all. Why do you like it so much?"

"I'm not really sure. I guess it's comforting." She answers.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I guess it's comforting to know that even the most skeptical people can find love."

"Like you?" She looks at me.

"Like me."