Chapter 7 : Side-Quest Code

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

It was warm, that's all he felt. Fukyutsui was drifting in his sleep. He felt like the only time he truly rested and felt good sleeping was when his fatigue healed.

"He's too quiet mommy, and his eyes are really weird" A young girl pointed at a young Fukyutsui, "Sweetie! It's not good to talk about people like that!" a mother said, pulling her daughter away.

"I hate him mommy! He is an annoying know it all!" said a boy sobbing and walking to his mother, and there was Fukyutsui, standing alone.

[Fatigue has completely been healed!]

His eyes shot open. '... My poor sleep' thought Fukyutsui, looking at another unknown ceiling, "So you're awake,'' a grumpy sounding voice said, Fukyutsui looked at whoever was talking and saw Saori's grandpa sitting next to him, he had his hands on top of his chest which was glowing a dim orange. Fukyutsui looked around and saw his glasses next to a counter next to the bed he was laying in. He put them on and looked at the old man, "I thought you'd never wake up!" he said

[User can receive 1 of three rewards!]

[+1 Skill]

[+1 Item]

[+3 Stat Points]

Fukyutsui pressed the first button for a new skill, he wondered what the item might've been, but from the last encounter he noticed he needed a more diverse set of skills, and a way to counter attacks that cannot be dodged – of course he thought about getting the stat points, but he didn't think he'd need them, after all he could just work out and gain some stats.

[User has gained the [Bloodlust] skill!]

Fukyutsui looked at the old man, without checking his new skill and then got up, "I wouldn't get up so fast, you've only been sleeping for a couple of hours and I think you need more rest." said the old man, pushing the boy further into the bed.

[User has killed Boss "Chenoo"!!!]

[User has gained the Side-Quest code: {Awakening}]

He stared at the screen and shook his head while laying down, "Tell me kid, where did you learn how to fight?" asked the older man, "..." Fukyutsui didn't respond. "Alright... How about where you got your cursed tool from? Wanna tell me that?" asked the old man, taking out an almost broken looking sword from his side and bringing it to Fukyutsui's line of sight.

"..." the boy didn't answer. The old man sighed, seeming quite tired as he placed down his sword, "We can't let you leave this house for a while," the old man said, causing the boy to shoot up from the bed, "?!" he looked at the old man with questioning looks, "There is a powerful family searching for whoever killed the special grade curse.... Spoiler alert – the person they are looking for is you." said the old man, making Fukyutsui nod and lie down again, "Right, I never introduced myself, my name is Shachi Gojo." said the old man, now known as Sachi, who was sitting in seiza position next to Fukyutsui.

"..." the boy didn't say anything, instead he stared at his sword. "Ah, you want your sword." said the old man, taking the sword and inspecting it with his eye, "It's almost completely gone, I think you might want to get this repaired somewhere, maybe a weapons shop or something." he said, making Fukyutsui widen his eyes, he had forgotten about that nifty little part of the system.