Ch. 13 | The Favor

A/n: I don't own any manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

"How'd you find me" His voice sounded surprised, as it hitched later, showing signs of fear. Fukyutsui's grin reached each corner of his mouth as he stared at the enemy. 

After killing the other enemies around, it was finally time to kill the last one. It hadn't appeared as a quest -- surprisingly, not every dangerous situation he found himself in would trigger a quest. Something he found suspicious, why not? Why did some events cause the system to react and others not?

He wasn't certain, but they're definitely had to be a reason -- it wasn't random, or rather he didn't believe it could be. The system had chosen him for some reason, and though he didn't know what reason, he did know that there was one. The world he'd been sent to also seemed like something that was determined previously too. 

A lot of questions swarmed his head. Things he couldn't correctly place, things that though on the surface seemed answered, when delved deeper seemed annoyingly complex to answer. With an annoyed sigh, he decided to forget about the questions underlying the system, its choices, and its functions. If he was smart enough to come up with a solution to all of that, he wouldn't have died in the first place. Or perhaps he'd have more friends back in the world he was originally from. 

Fukutsui looked at the surprised man, the forest surrounding him was certainly something. He wasn't expecting to fight someone inside a domain expansion again any time soon. The last time he did he almost died after all. He felt something hit his shoulder, making him take a step back.

[Skill [Bloodlust] Activated]

[-0 Hp]

Maybe it was Naga's blessing, or maybe it was the armor he was wearing, but the attack he just experienced didn't feel that powerful, he had barely felt it. Going down on his knees, he grabbed what had been used to attack him. It was a nail-like object, it was very sharp at its end, and somehow it bounced off him like it was made of rubber. 

He got up and stared around, the forest was nearly soundless, with the swaying of trees being the audible thing other than a panting scared man sitting on the grass while Fukyutsui stared him down. The green trees were beautiful, with healthy-looking brown making for the base of the trees. A perfect area for a sneak attack, it had many places to hide in. 

The man looked afraid, shaking and trembling in front of him. It annoyed Fukyutsui, someone who didn't have qualms about killing innocent people, who'd done nothing wrong, or anything to agitate others  -- more specifically him because knowing Saori she probably pissed someone important off and was now being hunted for it -- because he'd never done anything of the sort, the attack seemed to be unfounded and without reason.

He didn't like the fact that his entire existence could be destroyed because of his affiliation with a girl he barely knew. It irked him slightly that people were so quick to go for the kill against two children -- he was in the body of a child after all -- and that they had no shame in doing their job. He looked at the man, he seemed to have gotten out of [Bloodlust]'s effect. 

He threw more nail-like darts at Fukyutsui, all of them bouncing off his skin and armor.

[-0 Hp]

[-0 Hp]

His eyes were getting tired from being used so much. He stared down at the enemy who was in front of him on the ground and grabbed a pair of glasses from inside his pocket before putting them on. He was certain the enemy couldn't kill him anymore -- his childish tricks couldn't fool him and his attacks wouldn't damage him. The battle was practically over already.