Chapter 8: Xp thief

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

To Chrom it was clear from their small interactions that the new addition to their party didn't like him that much - he didn't know why it was so, but that was reality. It was almost as if he was being forced by someone to be with them, it wasn't the best feeling - but a new addition to the Sheppards was never a bad thing - especially not when that addition had such tremendous potential, Chrom knew to not complain about that which he needn't complain about - he knew there was something special with the kid and that was enough for him.

'Now that I look at him, I can say that his clothes are extremely weird.' thought Chrom, looking at the young boy's clothes - what he was wearing wasn't exactly fit for the medieval ages, especially his cap, which Chrom found interesting, but weird at the same time, he couldn't imagine what it was for - and it wasn't like he hadn't asked, the thing was that the glasses wearing boy just didn't speak - at all ("...").

The sheppards - or what was left of them were walking towards Ylisstol in hopes to get the other part of their group, they walked on the small dirt road leading to the capital, "So... What is your name?" asked Chrom, that was another thing they did not know about him, "..." once again no response from the boy. Chrom sighed, just what could he do?

They walked through the grass fields around, all of them with their shoulders tensed and looking at the boy who walked behind them, with his glasses on it wasn't exactly known whether he was glaring or just staring at them. Chrom noticed Robin would take a look back at him every once in a while, he walked to her and tapped her shoulder, she snapped her head towards Chrom and looked at him as if she had just done the worst of things behind his back, "Whoa there, just wanted to talk." said Chrom - Robin was another new addition to the Sheppards, and although they were bonding quite alright a few hours ago - right now it felt like their interaction was slightly tense - especially to Chrom.

"R-Right, sorry." Robin rubbed her shoulder and then looked at the new boy once again, Chrom followed her sight- the moment they looked towards him he glanced back at them, making the girl flinch and Chrom blink in surprise, "He has really keen senses doesn't he?" asked Chrom making Robin nod, "Why are you so tense today Robin?" asked Chrom, Robin looked at him and gave a sigh, she slowed down her pace, making the blue haired lord and her be more isolated from their group and then looked at the boy pass them, "He makes me uneasy," said Robin, glancing back and forth to the black haired boy, Chrom blinked in surprise and looked at Robin in her black eyes.

"What do you mean?" asked Chrom softly, Robin sighed, "I don't know, maybe it's just me, but being near him gives me the chills..." she whispered, moving closer to Chrom's ear, "Remember when I said I could see things in the battlefield?" asked Robin - Chrom did remember her mentioning something like that once before while they walked, "Well, I think I can see someone's potential - they appear as something I like to call levels." said Robin looking at the boy who was now walking in-front of them, "Really?" asked Chrom making Robin nod, "Your limit right now for example - is twenty." she said before gulping, "So, what's wrong?" asked Chrom, "I tried looking at that boy's limit Chrom." her eyes widened and her hands started to uncontrollably tremble, "Normally I just gaze into their level and it just appears in-front of me," she said, Chrom gulped and looked at the boy from the back, he turned his head and stared at them with the corner of his right eye, Chrom flinched, it felt like he could see right through him and it uneased him a little, "W-what happened?" he asked, Robin's trembling hands seemed to tremble even more as she tried holding her own hand and stop them from trembling.