Ch.12 | The Long waited return

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

Saori Gojo walked through the door of her friend's house... she wasn't allowed to by her grandpa because of manners, but now that her grandpa had gone to a meeting with the other clan heads she decided to visit his house to check if he'd returned yet. 

He'd been gone quite a while, she'd been a week without seeing him and she was getting tired of waiting, her eyes widened when she opened the door of Red's apartment and saw him sleeping comfortably on it. She walked towards it and pulled the covers down slightly -- there was something wrong, there was a constant flow of Cursed Energy coursing around Red, she narrowed her eyes. She could see it, it was like the armor he was wearing. She tried touching it but her hand went right through it. 

'Useless Armor' she thought, knitting her eyebrows, her friend had gotten a lot stronger than before, he was at the level of a grade 2 Sorcerer now. She knew his "trip" wasn't going to be a normal one, he definitely trained a lot. She climbed on top of the bed and pouted, he'd left after just giving her a letter and came back without saying a word. It was excruciatingly boring without him there, her grandpa made her take extra classes, and she finally reached Special Grade status, with her talents it was something that would happen eventually -- could he be similar to her? Could he be able to keep up with her?

Saori knit her eyebrows and reached for the glasses Red was sleeping with, she grabbed them and gently put them on the table next to her.  She climbed out of him and sat on the corner of the bed, she felt something hard press against her leg and looked down, he had not even put his sword away. She narrowed her eyes and looked at the blade at his hip, it was different from the cursed tool he carried -- in fact, it wasn't a cursed tool at all, but a simple iron sword with a semi-dull edge. She grabbed the sword from his hip and put it inside the closet. 

She grabbed the chair on the corner of the room and dragged it to the side of the bed before sitting on it. She swung her legs back and forth, grabbing the small pouch she brought with her, she opened it and took a blue Gameboy out of it. She played in it while waiting for Red to wake up, it wasn't that fun to play pokemon without Red, but she still played, to catch up with him... Saori didn't really like the game that much, it was fun, but there was a feeling of repetitiveness in it, going out, battling, catching, and then doing the same again and again... it was a lot like her life outside the game -- and she found her life outside pretty boring. 

Truth be told Saori liked v-pets much more, instead of catching monsters, she would rather raise them to become super powerful... she wondered if Red would like v-pets too. Maybe they could each buy one and then battle together.

She lowered the screen in front of her and watched as her friend silently slept. There were a lot of things going on at home, her grandpa said that when she grew up she would have to join a highschool for sorcerers and that it might be good for her to go to regular school until then -- but Saori didn't want to go to school, she knew it would be boring, and she didn't care about school, but then Grandpa said that Red might join and be in the same class as her. She wondered if Red would really join school though. 

She lowered the screen of her game again and looked at Red, he was opening his eyes -- Saori jumped from the chair she sat on and walked to the edge of the bed. "Red-kun! You're finally awake!" she said, looking into his crimson eyes -- they were crystal-like, and looked more like gems than eyes -- they were a lot like hers. His eyes moved towards her and locked into hers. She knit her eyebrows and wondered what he was trying to say.