Prologue

It was a gorgeous day in the seas of Narnia

It was a gorgeous day in the seas of Narnia. The salt water was crystal clear, all sea creatures swimming without a worry as we all lived in harmony and unity, little did I know that my kingdom's peace would soon come to an end.

I was peacefully swimming in the sea, enjoying the peace and tranquility that it gave me. The light of the sun shone brightly through the water, illuminating the bright colors of the coral and scales of the fish and my tail. I twirled in circles as I swam towards the surface. When I broke through, I admired the beautiful castle that I saw in the distance. The castle that belongs to those of the prophecy, two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve.

Although, the prophecy speaks of an age of Winter and the reappearance of Narnia's true king, the lion Aslan, Narnia hasn't ever seen a winter last for ages, therefore I didn't believe in it

Although, the prophecy speaks of an age of Winter and the reappearance of Narnia's true king, the lion Aslan, Narnia hasn't ever seen a winter last for ages, therefore I didn't believe in it. That is until kingdoms from afar began to spread word that a white witch came on to their lands and took over the rule and brought a cold, white winter with her.

Now, my father, King Kai of the merfolk, was training his soldiers to protect our home. My father was giving his soldiers special necklaces that gave our kind the ability to walk on land and not worry about transforming back into our fins when we touch water. By giving our men the necklaces, it means that the white witch will have to go through not only one of our armies, but two... those on land and those guarding our home.

As for me, the royal mer-family are the only ones of our people who obtain powers. Our emotions control the sea and weather. If happiness and content is what I feel, the sea will be calm and tranquil, sun shinning without any rain clouds or storms coming. As for sadness, a still sea will happen, no waves, no tides, just stillness, and a light rain will happen on land. Anger will result in deadly waves and tides, possible tsunamis and storms with thunder and lightening will occur.

My family has the ability to manipulate water with our hands and minds. I'm able to make bubbles, heat water, and freeze it, but only small amounts of it. My family doesn't have the power to control the whole body of water with just our powers that emanates through our hands.

"Seraphina? What are you doing sweetheart? It's time to practice more of your powers," my mother, Queen Nerissa, called out for me as she broke through the surface behind me.