[36] ✽ Losing A Friend ✽

{ new chapter! ✉}

♪ song suggestion~ ♪
● BTS - Converse High ●

"Are you stupid or just born dumb? How could you do this to me?"

You kept your eyes fixed on the floor, your fingers playing with the fabric of your pyjamas before you heard a sigh.

The person paced up and down for a moment and you wondered if their lecture was over or not.

"Yuna I am serious. Why did you accept their offer?"

"I.." You trailed off but could not finish your sentence.

"Do you think I am not enough to be your best friend? To let me sacrifice something for your own sake?"

Guilt seemed to rake over your body because her words hit you hard and you could even feel her frustration from the way she was breathing around you.

Silence lingered between the two of you as neither talked before the other person spoke up with a soft voice.

"A-Am I that much of a burden to you?"

Your eyes widened in a second before you looked up with horror on your face, unable to understand how your best friend spoke such a thing.

"Sora no! Why do you think of my decision as that way?"

She tugged her hair, her eyes clearly swollen and red due to her crying.

"Then what else can I think of?"

"I am the person who will be most devastated when you leave yet you think like that?"

Your voice trembled, fear of leaving and being separated from your best friend overwhelmed you. Her eyes softened as she noticed those twinkling droplets of tears streaming down your face.

"Hey I am sorry," She came closer in a bid to hug you, "I just feel too frustrated that I took it out on you."

Shaking your head, you pulled her close and hugged her tightly in hopes to calm down. Tears freely flowed among the two of you without any words yet there was so much consolation, no wonder friendship is like magic.

"If it's to blame, it's them who tried to ruin your wedding."

Both of you pulled away, drying each other's tears before she nodded in agreement.

"But Yuna, can't you think of something else or maybe we can postpone my marriage because I don't mind."

"Sora I have already announced my decision to you. I-I can't step back now."

That was a partial reason. You were glad that Sora was trying to make you change your decision and you would have gladly done it but you also needed to know the truth they were hiding for so long.

It was your only chance and you could not lose it.

"I guess I can't make you change your mind?" She asked carefully.