Little space

————Tommy POV————

No, no no no no no no no no no it was just a dream. It wasn't him techno didn't hurt you, it wasn't him. But it still hurts. Looking at him, it just- I can't- the memories just come back at the sight on him.

"Shhh, shhh Toms what's wrong?" Wilbur said soothingly while rubbing my back. Meanwhile techno was putting all the food he had just bought over by Phil.

"He- I- the-" I couldn't get out a full sentence so I just gave up and started to sob into a Wilbur.

After a few minutes I calmed down due to the help of Wilbur. "Do you think you can tell me what's got you so upset Tommy?" He asked again but even softer, the tone had no demand in it and it was almost comforting. He was stroking my hair and I would never admit it out loud but I was enjoying it, it had been so long since I felt comfort like this.

"I I I can try" I almost whisper but Wilbur heard it and gave me an encouraging nod. "Back at the" I hesitated before taking a deep breath clinging onto Wilbur tighter. "The.. or-orphan the orphanage" i mustered out. "I had a, a nightmare."

"It's ok Tommy we all do, it's nothing to be ashamed about. What was the nightmare about?" Wilbur asked. It took everything in me not to just break down right then and there. "That's the thing.... my.. my f-foster father threw in outside one night, but but in the d-dream it wasn't him. It.... it was." I didnt want to say it but I had to. All the memories were coming back and it was to much, it was now or never. "It was techno."

I said ever so quietly but everyone seemed to have heard. Wilbur just pulled me in closer. "Shhh shh techno won't hurt you, your safe

————Wilbur POV————

Techno, no techno would never hurt Tommy, he would never hurt family, he would never even think about it. "Shhhh shh Tommy, techno would never hurt you" I comforted him. I look over to techno, he's just shocked, concerned but shocked.

What Tommy said next broke my heart. " I know and i want to believe *hiccup* that he wouldn't but *hiccup* it was so real."  The words sunk in. " the pain was so real. "

"It's ok Tommy, it's ok. Let it out" Phil cooed, by now he had come over to help comfort the boy.

Techno had stepped out of the room in an attempt not to upset Tommy further.

Tommy was sobbing into my chest and I song him a song. It seemed to have calmed him down because within minutes he was asleep in my arms. Once I was sure he was asleep I looked up to Phil who looked like he was zoning out.

"Phil?" I called out loud enough for him to hear but quite enough that it wouldn't bother Tommy. Phil snapped out of his thoughts instantly "yeah?" He seemed to catch on that Tommy was sleeping because he spoke in the same hushed tone. "What do we do, I can handle panic attacks and anxiety but I don't know how to calm him down if he's gonna get worked up every time he sees techno." I confessed.

There was a pause until Phil finally spoke "I... I don't know but we'll figure it out. For Tommy." "Yeah, for Tommy." I repeated.

About an hour of scrolling through Tik Tok later, Tommy started to stir. He opened his eyes and stared at Wilbur, not saying a word. "You feeling better toms?" I asked, but he just kept staring unspeaking. "Tommy?" I tried again.

Tommy looked away and.... Put his thumb in his mouth? I can't be seeing this right. Tommy, the loud, confident, 17 year old, traumatized boy in my lap is sucking his thumb and not talking.

"Uhhhh Phil?" I really didn't know what to do now. But Phil caught my confusion and walked over to see what was happening, once he caught a glimpse of Tommy he froze. "Tommy mate? You ok." Phil asked mildly shocked. Tommy just stared at phil just how he stared at him, with him still sucking on his thumb.