Chapter 10

Savanna watched from the bay window as her brothers' car pulled up in front of the apartment. She could see Winona speaking to him through the car window with their hands tightly clasped together. They were forced to part when they exited from their respective doors. He tried to take her hand again, but she stared at it for a long moment before shaking her head. Savanna couldn't help but laugh at her brother's misery as he defeatedly followed Winona to the front door.

Keys jingled on the other side. Savanna contemplated opening the door for them, but she wanted to see the look on Immanuel's face when he walked in and realized she had seen the entire interaction.

She waited patiently, grinning as she sipped on the hot chocolate in her mug. When the door finally opened and Winona walked through the living room, she greeted her with a chirpy, singsong voice. "Hello, beautiful."

Immanuel froze in the threshold of the living room, glancing between Winona and his sister. "You're home."

"Where else would I be, silly?" she asked him. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"Exhausted," Winona responded curtly. "I'm going to bed."

"I'm just gonna make sure she gets there safely." Immanuel pointed to her bedroom door. By the time he turned away from his sister, Winona was already disappearing into the room. He excused himself and quickly followed. He wasn't expecting to walk in at the exact moment that she stripped down to only her bra and panties. Closing his eyes, he said, "Shit, sorry. I didn't see anything."

"Calm down. I'm dressed now."

When Immanuel opened his eyes again, Winona was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top. Her protruding nipples could be seen through the thin fabric of her top, but he looked away, as to not violate her.

"Can you turn off the lights and close the door, please?"

He blindly searched for the handle and closed the door before flipping the light switch. It would have been almost completely dark if it weren't for the sun still slowly setting behind her curtains. Uncertain of his next step, he stood quietly by the door, watching as she crawled under the covers.

She closed her eyes, resisting the urge to cry again. She hated that he'd seen her tears once already. "I need a hug right now."

Immanuel hesitated for a moment. When she opened her eyes to look at him, he immediately felt compelled to undress and join her. She watched his every movement, keeping her eyes above the waistband of his briefs as he climbed into her bed and engulfed her in his arms. With her ass pressed firmly against his front, he couldn't stop the swelling of his cock.

He didn't move the entire time he laid next to her. He counted each breath she took, breathed in her hair, and caressed her hips, mesmerized by the soft flesh underneath his fingers. After some time, he determined that she had fallen asleep and slowly crept out of her bed to redress. As the door latched behind him, Savanna appeared in the hall, mouth unhinged in shock.

"You're still here?"

Immanuel pressed his fingers to his lips to shush her and dragged her into the living room. "She's sleeping."

"Does Tina know where you are right now?" Savanna asked her brother, following him to the front door.

"She doesn't need to know." His response only resulted in a deep frown appearing on her face.

"You can't have both," she said, shaking her head in dismay. "Isn't that what you told Ky a long time ago when he was still with Lucinda?"

"She doesn't need to know because we aren't together," he clarified for her. It didn't do anything to change her demeanor.