Chapter 11

Winona wore a pair of glasses, an oversized t-shirt and black leggings when she arrived at the private terminal that Friday morning. She had her phone and a small cup of coffee in one hand and her duffle bag in the other. While Kyrie spoke to her in hushed tones, she tried keeping a firm grip on her bag, but it continued slipping from her grasp the longer she stood with him. Maintaining her smile as they spoke was the hardest task when her focus was on the bag practically dangling from her finger tips.

Before her bag could hit the ground, Bradley swiftly grabbed it, swinging it over his shoulder. She wasn't given the opportunity to thank him as he ascended the aircraft stairs. He paused at the top before entering and motioned for her to follow.

"I think some of the staff are getting impatient," Winona told him, jerking her head toward the plane.

Kyrie followed her gaze to the aircraft. When he saw Bradley desperately trying to get her attention by excessively waving, he shook his head in dismay. "Are you sure you'll be fine with him on this trip?"

"I can handle him," she assured Kyrie.

He was reluctant about letting her go, but he watched in silence as she followed the rest of the staff up the stairs and disappeared into the aircraft cabin.

Bradley entered last, guiding her by the small of her back as they walked down the narrow aisle together. "Last two on the plane," he said loud enough for just her to hear. "Looks like we'll have to sit together."

"Actually, there's an empty seat here."

Winona wasn't expecting Immanuel to step out into the aisle, but she was grateful that his towering figure blocked her path, halting her slow steps toward the back of the cabin. She graciously smiled at him and quickly maneuvered to the inner seat.

"Comfortable?" Immanuel asked her.

She nodded and gestured for him to sit. When she noticed Bradley's cold stare, she said, "I'll see you when we land."

Immanuel waited for the man to walk off before speaking again. "What would you have done without me?"

She smirked. "Thank you for saving me. I owe you."

"I'll remember that next time I need a favor." He gave her a once over, taking in her casual attire, low bun and glasses reflecting the phone screen in her hand. "You look nice today."

She met his gaze. She tried to thank him for the compliment, but words failed her. So, she looked down at her phone instead. The longer they sat in silence, the hotter her cheeks grew. She had to say something.

"You always look nice," she told him. She rolled her lips together and turned her head to the window, embarrassed.

He chuckled at her response and reached over her, trapping her between his chest and the seat. Just as she opened her mouth to question his actions, he lifted the arm rest on her side and fell back in his seat, grinning. "You looked uncomfortable."

All she could do was hum. She couldn't understand the excessive blushing or explain why she had trouble talking to him. She had kissed him, let him touch her, and felt his cock against her ass. There was no reason for her to be shy.

"So, why did you pick Cali of all places?" Immanuel asked after some time had passed.

"Some of the staff might not have a passport to travel farther."

"How considerate of you to think of them." He watched the way her lashes fluttered as she smiled at him.

"Wouldn't you have done the same?"