Would You Stay?

__________________________________

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

➛ THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER includes several topics that people may find uncomfortable
with. it might not be heavy but to some, it
doesn't suit them. thank you for your
understanding.

_________________________________

" Is it true?"

" I don't know. It can be a hoax you know. There's no evidence."

" True, the account that posted this isn't verified..."

" Yeah but the picture of the phone itself is the evidence! Who cares about photoshop? This is already blowing up so please don't expect people to believe that this isn't real."

The entire classroom, everyone and every room she had crossed paths with in that troublesome morning, keeping their wary, anxious eyes on her face, whispered to one another. Some purposely bumped their elbows to another person to get their attention about it, some even just said it out loud to purposely irk her.

Their hideous statements had left an unbearing pain inside her head. It echoed on and on, she doubted she would forget about it even after a few years. Then, an excruciating pain struck the back of her head, causing her to stop for a while and groan silently but of course, no one cared. It didn't matter much to them so why must they be concerned?

It was severe compared to the one in the trip to Qingce, a million times more that whenever she moved, she had to face the consequences of feeling intense pain stabbing the back of her head. She wasn't even able to sleep, she could only stay wide awake with the headache sleeping with her. No matter how much water she drank, avoided the pill, and closed her eyes for the longest time possible, she still can't bring herself to take a nap, all because of a stupid little post and a bothersome headache.

Out of nowhere, a backpack bumped her shoulder. She snapped out of her daydream and looked to what was next to her, to see who bumped into her, accidentally or purposely whatever it was but to her dismay, no one was there. They must have left her like that knowing what the rumors had said.

" There she goes, acting like a victim," someone covered her lips with her textbook, ridiculing her in front of her schoolmates, " You know, she should actually win an award for being the best actress... or actually, the best fool in this building."

She bowed her head in mortification, to avoid all the uneasy stares they gave her. She tidied her hair up, still looking down, to not look like a person who was high on drugs. It hurts to be looked at, to be well known for something that definitely wasn't good. It sucks being the talk of the town, being called a person who acts like a victim when they don't even know the complete story behind it.

As she went up the stairs, she had to hold on carefully to the handle for her mind was twisting and spinning around like a rollercoaster. Her vision was blurry, blurry like her opening her eyes underwater however, knowing how long she has been going up and down the stairs, she memorized each and every one step already.

She took a deep breath when she stood in front of her class's door, her hands and lips trembling just by the thought of the myriad of ruthless comments about her. Pursing her lips, she fixed her untidy collar as an excuse to make them look like she wasn't afraid of coming through the door.

" Mornin', ( Y/n )."

" Hey, ( Y/n )!"

( Y/n ) stiffened her shoulders, dropped her arms, her hands shaking uncontrollably at the two voices that belonged to the other class. She tried speaking without fear but of course, her voice ended up cracking.