Dream of Me

Albedo was casually staring outside the window, looking somewhat gloomy and absentminded. On such a pleasant day, where grey clouds barely showed up and disappeared and no one was punished for screaming to their own kind of people that morning, no one looked untroubled.

" I feel sleepy for some reason," Beidou stretched her mouth wide to yawn loudly, then closed it once she was done.

The ginger-haired male crossed his legs, scratched his chin, and rubbed his nape, " You're sleepy every day."

" This classroom is dead. How do you make it alive?"

" ... I don't know," Childe sighed.

" I honestly don't think you are in the position to even answer that question," Keqing flipped through several pages of her textbook. Childe and Beidou had rolled their eyes at Keqing's remark.

Albedo plugged out his left earphone and let out a hollow breath, " Truthfully, Keqing, I feel like she wouldn't be there if it wasn't for you and your personal feelings."

" You're saying it like you didn't say anything to her at all," she slammed her book close and stood up, glaring at Albedo, " Don't give me that face. I know I'll have to bear some consequences, but don't think that I will be given the worst. Fix your mindset."

The purple-haired female tightened her school tie and avoided everyone's gaze at her before leaving the class. Albedo, deep inside, had found her attitude ridiculous for the last few days. All she did was pretend nothing happened at all and talk as if she was defending someone from evil.

" She's so moody..." Beidou was close to cursing if only she hadn't heard loud whispers and a loud commotion going on.

She immediately opened the window to look out from above to only see a green familiar beret and a blonde-haired woman walking in a swarm of students. For sure, there was one more person, but Beidou's eye wasn't able to figure out who it was.

" WAIT SHE'S BACK, MOVE OUT, GET OUT!" Xinyan's booming voice echoed throughout the hall.

" YEAH, TOUCH ME, AND YOU'RE DEAD!" Hu Tao joined in.

Like every other day and every morning, they went back to daydream, but this time was different. It just so happened that they had the same feeling, a feeling of worry and a small tickle of astonishment. The job left behind for them was just to figure out why, and it wasn't easy.

The door was slid open gently by a bandaged hand. Her hand movements were cautious, making it look like she was a professional when it comes to sneaking in, though it could be because of her fragile condition.

" Good morning."

Hearing her voice early this morning was equal to feeling the building shake. Having lost their tranquility in a blink of an eye, they stood up and slammed their tables as if an idol had walked into their classroom.

She had that smile on her face; it was sad, but it looked genuine. Albedo's eyes lit up in jovial surprise seeing her standing there after lonely days, and stood up like the others. She was comfortably staring back at him too, and won't plan to look at anyone for the moment other than him.

 She was comfortably staring back at him too, and won't plan to look at anyone for the moment other than him