Chapter 3 - Captured

Kuvira began to wake up bit she was in a dark room lit by a lantern and shewas alone, so she tried to move but soon realized she was tied downwith some chains. She tried bending to get herself out of this but for some reason she could barely lift a pebble and she also realized her armor was gone too. She felt weak and tired but came increasingly concerned for Suyin as she didn't know where she was. Then the tall brooding man from before walked in noticing Kuvira was awake and then sat down on a wooden stool.

"good evening," he said with smug. "I expected you to put up more of a fight like last time."

"Where is she?!" Kuvira yelled angrily. "Where's Su!"

"she's fine," he said as he leaned in. "And she will stay that way if you do exactly what I say."

"I swear if you hurt her....." Kuvira threatened.

"You'll do what?" he said as he slapped Kuvira. "You got no bending right now and your chained tight to the ground."

"I don't need my bending to hurt you," she said as she jumped and snarled at him. "and right now I really want to. And I always get what I want."

"You've got quite the fire inside of you as does your friend," he said with smug. "This will be interesting."

"what?" Kuvira said with concern as the man stood up.

"You humiliated me and my friends that other night and nobody ever gets the best of me like that, EVER!" he said angrily. "Seeing as you're both earthbenders, I'm going to put you two in an earthbender Agni Kai."

"You want us to fight?" she said with terror. "If you think I'm going to fight her you are mistaken."

"If you don't I will kill her," he said as Kuvira got angrier. "You try to escape, she dies. I'm not stupid, so I don't recommend you try anything."

"I want to see her!" she said sternly. "Let me see her and I'll do it."

"Send in the girl!" the man said as two people dragging a disheveled Suyin came in and through her on the ground. "You have five minutes."

"Su? You alright?" Kuvira asked as Suyin got her bearings.

"I'm fine," She said angrily. "looks like you were right about the bandits. Please tell me you have a plan."

"I'm going to get us out of this," she said as she struggled to move. "they want us to fight each other."

"I know they told me," Suyin said as she began to laugh. This is crazy."

"Yeah it's crazy." Kuvira said nervously.

"Well lucky for me my mother taught me a few tricks," Suyin said before turning serious again. "using my seismic sense I was able to determine that we are underground. If we work together we can overpower these guys."

"What about their chi blockers and the darts they used to knock us out?" Kuvira said as she looked at the entrance.

"Well that explains the no bending." Suyin said as she looked at her hands.

"I can fight without my bending," Kuvira said as she looked around. "I just need to find my armor."

"Times up!" the man said as he and his men walked in and grabbed Suyin.

"I have faith in you Kuvira!" Suyin yelled as she was being carried out.

"Get some rest Kuvira," He said with smug. "Your fight begins in the morning."