Chapter 8 - The Storm

it's been nearly a day since the storm occurred and Kuvira has been looking everywhere looking for Suyin but wasn't able to find her. She fought off every single spirit she could and protected the civilians though for an unknown reason they left the earth king and his palace alone. Kuvira in league with the Dai Li and the earth kingdom royal guard helped move the civilians into the crystal catacombs beneath the city. Many families rich and poor ran for the catacombs carrying their children with them and were in total fear.

"Is that everyone?" Kuvira asked a Dai Li agent.

"we don't know but the king is safe and the people," He said as they heard a noise and looked to the sky. "What do we do?"

"Protect the people with your lives if those things get close," Kuvira said as she pointed to the entrance. "Good luck."

"What about you?" The agent asked.

"This is my mess," Kuvira said sternly. "It's my responsibility to clean it up. And I'm not abandoning Su, Not again."

the agent dived into the hole and closed it behind him and Kuvira went after Suyin. She searched all over the city trying to find her but then she realized it wasn't a coincidence that the spirit took Suyin away so the only logical conclusion was that she was taken to the floating isles hovering below the storm. But she needed a way up there and her earth bending would not be enough to get her there. So she looked around and found a metal pole and pulled it out of the ground and hoisted it between two tall buildings and using her whips she developed some momentum and began to spin around faster and faster until she launched herself up towards the isles above. As she was soaring through the air she ran into more of the spirits and grappled to them to give herself a boost and finally she reached the isle and began to look around for Suyin.

"how resourceful," Someone said from behind Kuvira. "I expected you to use the avatars bison."

"where is Su?" Kuvira said thinking of nothing else. "Where is she?!"

"Kuvira!" Suyin yelled as she appeared being held in the air by the spirits. "It's a trap. You need to go!"

"No!" Kuvira said angrily. "Let her go and take me instead!"

"I take her or you, it matters not," She said she swiped her hand in disregard. "You're too late either way. But let's make this interesting. You can either try to stop me or....you can save her."

"What are you talking about?" Kuvira said as the daughter of time looked at the ones holding Suyin before they dropped her and she fell towards the city. "SU!"

Without hesitation Kuvira jumped down and began to glide towards Suyin and she was gaining on her and finally she caught her and they continued to fall. In a spit second Kuvira grappled the nearest building and swung around it until they landed safely. Suyin too afraid to let go held her embraced with Kuvira. Finally she let go and the two of them kissed with desperation for a moment.

"Are you alright?" Kuvira asked with concern.

"I'm fine," Suyin said as she was still shaking. "Thank you for coming for me. Again."