Chapter 3 - Memory Card!

Today was my first day to start working for Alex. I was kind of nervous, I mean I'm already a receptionist, but this was for a different line of work.

'BEEP BEEP'

I heard my phone go off taking me out of my thoughts.

Fr: Alex :)

I can't pick you up today because I have an early client appointment. Sorry :( But I have Gabby picking you up so don't worry.

I laid my phone back down on my bedside table. I looked down at myself and thought about what I wanted to wear.

I remembered all of the clothes I had bought and the clothes Alex had bought me at the mall last week.

I walked into the living room and got the bags of clothes that I didn't have in my bed room and brought them to my bed, along with all the other bags.

I started pulling clothes out and dividing them between ones I was considering wearing today and ones I didn't want to wear.

After about half an hour I finally had it down to two pairs of clothes, I could go with a dress or with jeans and a pretty shirt. I stood there another ten minutes before actually deciding.

I walked into the bathroom and quickly took a shower. When I was done I dried my hair as quick as I could, so I wouldn't be late. It was a lot easier now that my hair was shorter.

I pulled my towel tighter and went over to my window and opened it, to make sure I had made the right clothing decision. Once I opened it a warm breeze hit my face.

I quickly closed it back so no one would see me in my towel. I walked to my dresser and grabbed out some underwear and quickly put them on.

I walked over to the bed and picked up the dress I had picked out. I put it on then walked over to the mirror to look at. It was a pink mid length dress that had a black belt at the waist,with ruffles on top that were outlined with black. Once I had decided it was okay I went to my closet to pick out some shoes. I decided on some black shiny heels. Once I had them on, I heard my doorbell ring.

"Just a second." I yelled.

"No rush!" I heard Gabby yell back.

I quickly ran to the front door and opened it up to Gabby.

"Wow! You look amazing." Gabby said walking in.

"You don't think it's too much?" I asked looking down at myself.

"No! I wish I would've dressed like that before I got pregnant." She said sitting down.

I grabbed Tom's leather jacket from beside her and threw it on.

"You're sure this isn't too much?" I asked giving a little twirl.

"Absolutely not!" She said pulling me in for a hug.

"Good." I stated.

"But I do want a picture!"she said pulling out her phone.

We pulled each other close and took a few quick pictures.

"Man, you're really gorgeous." She said looking at the pictures she just took.

"Stop it!" I said grabbing my purse and walking back into my room to grab my phone off of my bedside table.

"Ready?" She asked when I walked back in.

"Yep!" I said grabbing my keys as we walked out the door.

"So, how are you and the baby?" I asked when we got settled into her car and she started it.

"We're good, wish she was here already." She said smiling big.