Chapter 11 - When? Why? How?

"I slept with Jay." I said as Nathan's hands slowly slid down my arms and landed by his side.

"What?" He asked me weakly.

"Please don't make me repeat it."

"When?" He asked barely above a whisper.

"Does that really matter?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"When?" He asked staring back at me.

I slowly shook my head at him, I didn't want to tell him because I know that the situation will get ten times worse. I've already stomped on his heart.

"Kenzie, please tell me. When did you sleep with Jay?" He asked basically pleading with me.

"Why does that matter?" I asked back.

"Were we together when you two slept with each other?"

"No! I would never cheat on you."

"So you slept with him in the last few days?" The look on his face was begging me to tell him no.

"Yes." I whispered.

"Are you serious? You slept with my best friend? How could you do that to me?"

"We weren't even talking Nathan, I didn't sleep with him to purposely hurt you. It just happened, he had been drinking and one thing lead to another. If I could take it back I would, but I didn't even see a future where we were even talking. I didn't sleep with him to hurt you, I promise you that." I said grabbing his hands.

"How do I know that? Maybe you talking to me again and telling me this was your way of breaking my heart the way I broke yours." He said pulling his hands away.

"Is that really what you think of me? You really think I could be that low? That I would purposely hurt you?"

"I don't know Kenzie, we don't really know each other anymore do we? I mean you've certainly changed." He said gesturing towards me.

I just stood there in shock, maybe we both have changed. Because the Nathan I knew would never say anything like this to me. Let alone accuse me of sleeping with his best friend just to break his heart.

"You know, you're quite the hypocrite." I said back to him.

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know maybe someone by the name of Sarah."

"Kenzie, Kenzie?" Nathan said my name snapping me out of my daydream or should I say day terror.

"What?" I asked back.

"I asked you when did you sleep with Jay?" Oh god maybe it wasn't a daydream.

"Before we talked on the phone. If I knew that we even had a chance to be together, I never would have done it. I swear it was a one time thing and it will never happen again. Jay and I agree that it shouldn't have happened." I kept rambling.

"Kenzie, it's okay. I'm in no position to judge you for your mistakes, trust me I've made my fair share. Does Sarah ring a bell?" He asked smiling at me.

"I thought this was going to go completely different."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I honestly thought you were going to tell at me or something." He just laughed and pulled me in for a hug.

"Am I pissed that you slept with my best friend? Yes, but I haven't been an angel while we weren't together, so I can't judge you for making the exact mistake as me. That would just make me a hypocrite." He said hugging me a little tighter.