Chapter 5 - Lover Boy!

AHHH........NEW CHAPTER!! :)

KENZIE'S POV

It was almost seven thirty and I was waiting for Jay at my apartment. I had texted him my address a few hours earlier after we decided to just hang at my place instead of going out.

I had just walked into my bedroom when I heard someone knock on my door.

I walked over quite quickly and took a few deep breaths before opening up the door to reveal Jay in shades and a beanie.

"Do I know you?" I questioned trying not to laugh.

"Just let me in." He laughed pulling off his shades.

I pushed the door open a little more and made room for him to come inside. Once I shut the door and turned around I once again found myself in Jays arms and off the ground.

"You can't keep doing this!" I laughed as I hugged him back.

"I can't help it." He said putting me back down on the floor.

I walked into the living room area and sat down at my big couch and Jay sat next to me.

"So how's life? I mean besides the things I see?" He asked smiling.

"Well, after you guys left, I finished out my semester of university and dropped out."

"Wait, you dropped out, why?" He asked confused.

"I think I have to thank you guys." I said back.

"We caused you to drop out. I'm sorry." He said taking my hand.

"I'm kinda glad, I mean I'm doing things now that I never thought I would. Anyway, after I dropped out I had a few weeks to think things over and I had saved some money and I started applying for jobs out here and got an interview with a publishing company as a receptionist and flew out here immediately. I got the job, so I started looking for a place, I lived in a hotel for about three weeks. Then I met Alex, your photographer, and he helped me find this place."

"So that's why you have the receptionist job at the studio?"

"Yes, it's kind of funny that I have two receptionist jobs, isn't it? But I owe Alex a lot of credit for helping me so much since I moved here, we're always together and it's nice." I saw something flash on his face and I couldn't figure out what it was.

"Are you happy?" He asked me cryptically.

"I mean, yeah! I'm at a good place in my life. What about you?" I asked back.

"Yes! I mean mine and the lads careers are taking off and it's quite amazing." He smiled widely.

"I remember when i first moved out here and the whole Nathan thing was still quite fresh and I remember the day I saw you guys on Ellen. I think I had been out here for about two weeks, and I didn't even want to see it, but I couldn't bring myself to change it." I laughed almost to myself.

"Do you miss him?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"I don't know? I mean, we were in a relationship and I honestly loved him. But he hurt me, I wasn't so mad about the part that he lied to me about the band, it was more that he didn't trust me enough to tell me. Even after I told him everything about me."

"I understand."

"But I miss you guys." I smiled to him.

"We miss you too, especially Siva." I laughed thinking about Siva.

"Nathan does too. He has a picture of you two that he always looks at." I looked down at my hands.

"So how are the guys?" I looked back up at him.