Chapter 1

It started like any other day… crappy. But that’s to be expected on school days. I got to school at my usual 7:15 time and proceeded to the physics lab where I would usually wait for the rest of my friends. I saw Hyo and Quin setting up a Wii on the TV to the front of the room. They saw me.

“Hey Zak,” Hyo greeted. Quin gave me his normal wave. 

“Hey guys,” I stated. “You’re starting early?”

“Of course!” Quin said. He attached the wires to the TV and turned it on. “Gotta make it last the whole day.” Hyo laughed and took his extra controls from his bag. I put down my bag and stood up next to him.

Yes, this day became a lot less crappy. Being that it was the last week of school, this was the time when we let loose our post exam stress on each other… via video games. Of course we’ve been doing this for the week since exams were done for a while but we always came to school on the last day to leave our mark- so to speak.

“Isn’t this Jaki’s Wii?” I asked noticing the smudge mark on the side from when I was switching games with a pizza in my hand.

“Yea. I picked it up when I was coming to school," Hyo answered.

“His sister must not have been pleased with that,” I said. The Wii actually belonged to Jaki’s sister but he uses it more often being that he’s on vacation and she’s usually at work.

“She doesn’t know," Hyo smirked. “She was gone before I got there.” I laughed.

Ok, let me back up here. Now, my name is Zak, I’m 18. Jaki is my best friend, to the point where I call him my brother. He’s also 18. We’ve been friends since we got to this school. Next up is Hyo who is a good friend of both me and Jaki. We met him in 3rd form when we were all interested in a card game called Yu Gi Oh. Finally there’s Quin, aka Tank. He got his nickname because of his broad sturdy build and the fact that he’s practically immovable. 

We attend the “fine institution” known as the Waterfront University, which isn’t really a university at all but no questions asked anyway.

Hyo put Smash Bros. Brawl into the Wii and me, him and Quin started playing. After a while of me getting beat, Jaki walked in followed by a bunch of our female friends.

“Hey fellas,” Jaki greeted. He put down his bag and took a seat between Rayne and Nianny. “I see you guys started without me.”

“Had no choice,” I said looking at my watch. It was 8:05. “We’d been sitting here bored for almost an hour otherwise.” Jaki laughed. He then turned to Rayne and started to talk to her.

About 10 minutes later, after the physics lab started to get full with all of our friends, things started to get hype for us. Since everyone is here now, I guess I should introduce everyone.

So, you know me, Hyo, Quin and Jaki. Next is Rayne who is a year younger than me and Jaki. She’s fairly cute and feisty as hell and I guess that, coupled with her lack of height is what interested Jaki in the first place. But he passed that phase and now the two of them are good friends.

Nianny is Rayne’s best friend and is definitely easy on the eyes. Don’t tell her I said so though ‘cause her boyfriend, Bamji might probably kill me. He was sitting behind her reading a book and listening to her conversation with Rayne and Jaki.

Next is D’mitri and Babs who were having a heated discussion on weapons and war… don’t know why but who am I to argue. And finally, for the males, there was Scott and Robert Whiskey (who we, for story purposes, will just call Bob) who were talking about anime and Steve aka the Frenchman who was looking at them with interest and dropping random comments like…